Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to see the new Thunderbird at Commonwealth Motorcycles in Louisville yesterday as the demo truck made a stop there. I really enjoyed getting a good look and sitting on her. Love it and certainly feel I may own one at some point in the coming future. I am excited that Triumph has heard those of us who love "all things Triumph" and produced a cruiser in this size. I love my Speedmaster and although it gets the most attention when I ride with my friends who are cruising on the competition, their bikes have more motor and comfort for a long ride.
Commonwealth is the closest Triumph dealer to me, about 70 miles away, so I made the trip up when I heard the truck was coming....a great dealership, always looks good with plenty of help and inventory and great sevice dept. however I was frustrated I was not able to get a lot of info on the bike (Thunderbird). I was wondering if the demo that is going around the country on the truck is the base model or does it have options included on her? It is hard to tell on any pictures Triumph has produced that I have seen because they are dark. Wondered about the ABS brakes and how they worked... Also was confusion among the sales staff as to when they expect the bike on the floor for a test ride and answers to my questions. It was raining very hard so I didn't see any of the staff that travels with the truck...(or is there a staff that does this with more answers??)
While I certainly understand Triumph's marketing and desire for taking pre-orders for the new T-bird my pockets aren't deep enough to buy blind. I hope to see them keep the bike in this price range 'till the dealers have them in stock.
I can see this being a great bike to enjoy for years to come!

·
Premium Member
14,084 Posts
I've heard it has been tested here by one of our bike magazines, I've yet to get hold of a copy but the test rider who rode it has a reputation as not being easily pleased but I've heard he thought it was a great addition to the Triumph stable.

--------------

Ride on ! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts