Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would drop in and say "G'Day"

Been awhile since I dropped in and was wondering what the riders of my fav bike are up too.

See there's still lots of going on.

Sadly I sold my ST only a couple of weeks ago to a pommy bloke; nicest guy I had meet in a long time. You all know Charlie looked after my baby so he has a great bike to enjoy.

The FJR is goiing well and since I bought it in Dec 08 (Chrissy present) I've done 18,000 Klms with NO KNEE PAIN; gotta love that. I fitted (wait for it....) HIGHWAY PEGS to the bike so now if I'm just touring I ride it like I'm riding a Harley (just quicker). I know... its sound funny to have something like this on a Sports Tourer but they really work.

As for the power & handling of a FJR, well, 140 RBhp (after mods), good suspension set up and its amazing what this 290kg bike can do. Can't flick it like the ST but you can give it a good blast and not look stupid.

Anyway, keep the shinny side up and rubber bits on the road

Cheers all

Poddy

·
Registered
764 Posts
Poddy

You are going to look like a bandy legged cowboy after a long ride on the FJR:D

Good to hear that you are getting your moneys worth out of riding it.

Ralphus

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
G'day poddy. Glad the FJR has worked for you you poor old ba5tard.

Highway pegs, I'll have to look for those on other FJR's now!! :)

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Good to hear from you, Poddy - and I think that you should float the highway pegs idea for the FJR past Yamaha!

Cheers,
Tony

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks giys,
I'll post some pics of the highway pegs soon.

Thinking of buying a Buell again for a Sunday morning blast bike; only for short rides and they're easy to maintain at home so cheap from a maintenance position.

Cheers
Poddy

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
*Wonders if anyone has fitted "Highway pegs" to a Sprint.....*:p

Nice to hear from you again Poddy, glad you are still out and enjoying riding.:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts