Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Put a permit on this, need to do a fork seal on it though. I took it up to 200kph and it was showing no sign of slowing down but that was good enough for me. Makes the Thruxton R feel like a luxury tourer though.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi everyone. Just picked up my first Triumph, the Thruxton R. I am in La Loche but come to Saskatoon often.
The Bobber in the background belongs to my brother.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ah yes, I heard the Silver ThruxtonR sold at FFUN. Welcome to the club. I also have a ThruxtonR that I've done a couple things to. If you have any questions about modifications let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ah yes, I heard the Silver ThruxtonR sold at FFUN. Welcome to the club. I also have a ThruxtonR that I've done a couple things to. If you have any questions about modifications let me know.
Nice bike flatgod.. What mod have you done to your bike? Waiting for my Race Kit to arrive. Thinking of installing the cross pipe. I'll wait to hear what the Vance and Hines sounds like first.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You have an impressive bike collection. I have always wanted a cafe racer bike and one point was considering building my own from a Honda CB 1000 donor bike. I lack the time needed to build the bike so decided to go with the Thruxton R.
I love this bike. Big smile on my face everytime I ride it.
Would love to see your collection one of these day.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Nice bike flatgod.. What mod have you done to your bike? Waiting for my Race Kit to arrive. Thinking of installing the cross pipe. I'll wait to hear what the Vance and Hines sounds like first.

I have the Triumph fender eliminator kit that I modified to suit my needs, the triumph smaller signals, British customs slipons, meerkat x-pipe (If you get one get this one, best on market hands down), snorkel delete, rizoma spy arm mirrors and then just a few smalls things to clean up bike.

You will find the tone of the bike will change very little with the V&H pipes, not due to the pipes but because the cat is so restrictive. The X-pipe makes all the difference.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the Triumph fender eliminator kit that I modified to suit my needs, the triumph smaller signals, British customs slipons, meerkat x-pipe (If you get one get this one, best on market hands down), snorkel delete, rizoma spy arm mirrors and then just a few smalls things to clean up bike.

You will find the tone of the bike will change very little with the V&H pipes, not due to the pipes but because the cat is so restrictive. The X-pipe makes all the difference.
That's the exact x-pipe I'm looking at. Any problem with the Meerkat because it lack brackets to fasten it to bike frame? I worried about that because the road from Saskatoon to La Loche is full of potholes. Did you installed the x-pipe yourself?
Is the engine still running smoothly after x-pipe? Any backfiring?

·
Registered
120 Posts
No, the Meerkat mounts solid, no need for brackets it will never fall off. Yes I installed myself, not that difficult if you know your way around bikes. No backfiring, some popping on decel but it's the same amount as stock. Sounds way better, not annoyingly loud, just right.

·
Registered
61 Posts
No, the Meerkat mounts solid, no need for brackets it will never fall off. Yes I installed myself, not that difficult if you know your way around bikes. No backfiring, some popping on decel but it's the same amount as stock. Sounds way better, not annoyingly loud, just right.
Thanks for answering my questions. Will definitely order the Meerkat cross-pipe tomorrow.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts