Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Sargent seat last week for my 2021 Tiger 900 GT. This is my third Sargent seat. Previous ones have been for a 2003 Honda ST1300 and a 2016 Yamaha FJR1300. This one looks like it will be very comfortable for many miles. However, for the first time, I opted for the heated version. Problem is, the cord on the seat doesn't fit the plug on the bike. There are two cords on the bike under the front end of the pillion; a black one and a gray one. They are both female connections. I have always assumed these were for the heated seats. The cord that came on the seat is black, and is also a female connection. Am I missing something?
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Finger
Hood Sleeve Bumper Automotive tire Motor vehicle

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Never mind. Some guys on the Facebook forum explained that there is a plug that has to be removed from the cord on the bike. Got it out and now have heat. Not that I'm going to need it anytime soon; triple digit temperatures in Fort Worth for the foreseeable future.

· Registered
85 Posts
It’ll take some time for this seat to break in. In my experience, in the neighborhood of 2-3K miles. I struggled with my Sargent for a few months and then one day realized I’m not thinking of it anymore. It took a bit of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.