Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Merry Christmas to one and all, hope yours was as good as mine!!
Anyway, Santa brought me a repro tax disc holder and I can't figure out where the correct place to mount it would be.
All the info on line suggests that it should be mounted in "A forward area on the left side" which narrows the locations down but i have a summer screen mounted which changes the mounting possibilities.
If anyone has pics or is from the UK and has a good idea where to mount one, please post a reply.
thanks
koi

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
I just had a scary ass realization.... that SANTA has the same letters as SATAN........
:eek::suspicious::BigEyes:

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Yes, Merry Christmas to all. A good one for me too. The wife got me a new tool kit to carry with me on the Scrambler. Very nice. I hope I never need it.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Help

I just had a scary ass realization.... that SANTA has the same letters as SATAN........
Sending exorcist your way, just make sure when your head stops spinning, it's facing frontways.

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
Sending exorcist your way, just make sure when your head stops spinning, it's facing frontways.
He also dresses in RED.............hmmmmmmm....:Devil3: he sneaks around unannounced...........he gets in through an entrance that usually utilizes a fire.....This could be bad very very bad.:D

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Most historical images

show the tax badge on the front left fender stay.
Give that wife a kiss and a hug for us riders of the lost empire will ya.

·
Premium Member
14,085 Posts

....and you have the same letters as EEL

......but we're not holding that against you !

----------------
Ride on ! :D

·
29,945 Posts
I never knew I was a fashion guru!

When I was in the UK we were always trying to find places to mount those things that were surrepticious and out of sight! Over here their a fashion accessory! :thumbsup:

'S OK. Redbirds front fender stay idea is a good one, some folks would use a headlight bolt, I used to favour a brake caliper mounting bolt. Not so it will interfere with the brake mind. :cool:

Merry Christmas! :D

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
uk tax disc

koifarm,

I mount mine on the front of the engine on the left. As you can see, the tax runs out in a few days. Perfect timing for you, if you want it for your new disc holder. Just pm me your address and I'll post it on Monday.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Generous offer

Thanks a bunch JohnnyC, check your pm's....
Oh, and don't bother to take it out of the holder, just ship the bike and all.........

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Flappers

Get 10 of them and attach them to your spokes!:D
Thanks Haggis,
Taking your idea to a logical end, I attached ten of them to the front fender stays and clamped them on so the tab with the hole faced in and just tapped the spokes.
Now, I sit on the bike with the center stand up while my wife cranks the front tire round and I sound wonderful! Vroom Vroom!
koi

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks!

koi,

posted today, on it's way.
You are a gentlman and a scholar my friend, thank you so much for doing that, I appreciate it tremendously. If I can ever do anything for you let me know....bags of greenbacks, bearer bonds, gold, you name it, you got it!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts