Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang,
Arrgh. Forgive me for dragging this back to front and center, but... I've been waiting for almost a month to receive my order--placed with motorcyclegearshops.com on Feb 2 (credit card charged in full on Feb 6). I called last Friday, first to a "full" mailbox, then later to a live person, who said, "We're receiving that stock today and will ship it all today and Monday." Admittedly, she was very nice and, of course, I'm still hopeful. But I still have no goods and no email telling me it is shipped.

First it was "we sold out"; then it was, "the snow storm delayed shipment." Now this. I'm a patient guy, but it is getting tough to remain so with the lack of communication and all the excuses/broken promises.

Question to those who were promised fulfillment with replenished stock: have you received your order yet?

Am I alone?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I am still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!
I have been following a post over on the speed triple
forum, and there are a few guys that said they talked
to them yesterday wed. 2/28 and, they where told that
a shipment arrived from Triumph on wed. 2/28.
They all where told that every thing would be shipped out
by the end of this week and you will get a email with a
tracking number. One guy said they also told him that
all the remaining orders that ship out will come with a
coupon for 20% off any future order. another guy
was told that if he does not receive a conformation and
tracking number by Friday, to call them on Monday.
So??????? I am hoping I get a conformation of shipment
by the end of this week.
Bill

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm waiting too...I called today and was told that six pallets of product were just received and that the orders would be going out the next few days. I have seen some threads saying some guys have received their orders. Judging by the volume of responses I've seen, I guess it's not too much to ask to expect some delays. They did say that even the orders that were not in stock are being filled and at the stated 50% off price. Unless they want to cut themselves off from our Triumph brotherhood, it is in their best interest to deliver as promised. I'm optimistic it's in the mail!

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I bought over $300 worth of accessories I really wanted and got it from these guys for half off. For that I'm willing to be patient while they get the stuff in and out the door. I've waited a lot longer to get things even when I paid full price.

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
+1 KingBear

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
The question is this;

How many times is this company going to $hit on folks?

Since last year this company has done nothing but provide lousy service. There are loads of posts detailing the run around.

But still.....there will be plenty of willing consumers to fall into the trap.

And...no doubt... more will be burnt.

Best of luck..... :???:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
On 2007-02-28 21:37, kingmoham wrote:

No one (during this sale, anyway) has been burnt... yet.
Let's hold judgement until someone says otherwise, mmmkay? :wink:

Just seems like a case of the seller underestimating all us cheapskates looking for a bargain. :-D (but i will be calling to check up on my order tomorrow :razz: )

·
Registered
209 Posts
The question is this;

Since last year this company has done nothing but provide lousy service. There are loads of posts detailing the run around.

Hmmm.... let's have a look at this. They offer 50% off on IN STOCK merchandise. They get an overwhelming response, and sell out the in-stock stuff in a few hours. So then what do they do?

They could've just stopped things there, said "Sorry, snooze you lose". Instead they keep the sale going for a full day or two, and honor the 50% off on stuff, even though they have to order it. Yeah, sounds like a real rip-off to me.

So please explain how this constitutes "crappy service". Takes time to get an order across the Atlantic. Takes a degree of integrity to honor a committment that goes beyond the letter of the law. And so it must take a bit of patience to receive the benefits of such a committment.

Yeah, I'd like to have received my $120 center stand by now. And yeah, I called them on Tuesday and got the same story as pretty much everyone else- the shipment was expected on Wednesday, and it would take the next couple of days to unpack everything and sort the stock and affix the address labels and have everything picked up for delivery.

For a $120 savings, I'll wait. When I called them two weeks ago I was told that they expected the order to arrive around the end of the month. Seems reasonable, and consistent, to me.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Maybe the orders will ship when they earn enough from interest on the payments to make up the other "half" of the sale. :-D

VR6 :hammer:

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
I agree with bmetz99 on this one.

Although I already received my order a week ago, my tracking number still does not show it's been shipped. This only shows me the company was probably too small to handle the actual response. I also feel your calling them only accomplishes 2 things: It decreases your actual % savings, and it ties up a person's time that could have been better spent wrapping and sending one more package.

Frustrated? You could be. But that is not a ripoff and they haven't ripped anyone off unless they take your money and run.

Some time ago I ordered a robotic vacuum from a company and my credit card was also not charged until my vacuum shipped. Checking on the tracking number showed me it indeed had shipped - from China. Six weeks later my vacuum arrived at my door - those container cargo ships sure move slow. :)

Hang in there and don't go on any lynching parties yet. :razz:

·
Registered
893 Posts
The question is this;

I'm one of the guys who didn't order because I was suspiciious. Now after reading all the complaints of slow delivery the only thing I can say is:

PLEEEEEEEEESE, pleasepleasePLEEEEEASE GIVE ME A CHANCE TO GET BURNED!!!!! 50% off on Triumph accessories deserves a TON of patience.

:knkknk: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
687 Posts
It only makes sense that this vendor keeps everybody updated via this site and any others they advertised the sale on. Wouldn't take much and sure would help quiet the situation down. Being proactive helps with consumer confidence and less hassle for them answering phones and e-mails.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Anchor, you make a great point.
They found it simple enough to post multiple times about the sale. Why not a post regarding the delays in fulfilling the orders?

·
Registered
209 Posts
On 2007-03-01 15:34, Anchorbend wrote:
It only makes sense that this vendor keeps everybody updated via this site and any others they advertised the sale on. Wouldn't take much and sure would help quiet the situation down. Being proactive helps with consumer confidence and less hassle for them answering phones and e-mails.
One of the most intelligent posts I've read regarding this subject.

·
Registered
209 Posts
On 2007-03-01 17:48, PA-guy wrote:
I was just on their site. Are you guy's sure things are HALF off?
No, this is regarding a sale they had back at the beginning of February, one of those "This weekend only, 50% off everything in stock" deals.

·
Registered
123 Posts
On 2007-03-01 15:34, Anchorbend wrote:
right on...as a consumer that participated in this wallet draining adventure, I can say that all that I want is some honest assessments from these guys...

I'll be happy to receive my stuff that I ordered for a massive discount, but when the company has had my $250 for 3 weeks now (and my credit card company wants to be paid...), I get a little agitated.

All that I ask for is some good old fashioned honest communication. I'd much rather hear the whole truth and have to wait another week than hear a lie that I'll get it tomorrow and then wait another week...that's when steam starts building up and escaping from my ears!! :-D

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I spose in theory it's nice, but it 's not RatNet's job to facilitate customer service communications for private companies. Do they have their own website? I'm sure they do, right? They could post a message there for instance.

(I personally was unhappy they got to post all over the place in the first place.)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts