Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yo Rats,

I just returned from the San Mateo motorcycle show. It was huge! You were able to test ride just about anything from any manufacturer.
http://www.motorcycleshows.com/motorcycleshows/San-Mateo-Show-Facts/static/detail/358893

Everyone was there except for....you guessed it...Triumph! I was so bummed that Triumph bikes get sport bike and naked bike of the year and they didn't show. Their Rocket cruiser would have been a real smash hit too. A whole lot of riders who spoke to me about my Speed Triple were REALLY interested in Triumphs' product line and were bummed also.

The rumor with the other vendors is that the show organizers were so demanding and picky, in the past, about all the "rules" ( like moving booth 6 inches ) that Triumph told them to take their show and keep it. This was just the rumor that was going around so I don't know if it's true. However, I do know how bureaucratic organizers in California can be so I wouldn't blame them.

It was an awesome show. I felt like a kid in a candy store.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I recently attended the show in Long Beach, CA and, likewise, no Triumph. I've gone for the last 5 or so years, and I don't think the manufacturer has ever been there. There were dealers present, but no factory. My dealer told me (so take it for what it's worth) that Triumph doesn't really need the advertising the way the way Honda, Harley and the others do, so there's no need to put up the money for a booth. Kinda crappy for the current owners but that's business.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Are you talking about the CycleWorld show? I often wondered about them not showing. The only thing i can think of is maybe they really dont need the exposure cause the factory is at capacity now. No sense in creating a situation like Hd had a few years ago with a two year waiting list and dealers charging pretty much what they felt like.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We - the show organizers had nothing to do with Triumph’s departure from the show. It was a change in their marketing direction and we are working hard to see they return for next season. Glad to hear you enjoyed the show!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet...I hope they return soon. There were many riders interested in Triumph. It seems Triumph has been doing well in the last couple of years.

·
Registered
191 Posts
If I remember correctly Triumph had no corprate representation last year (at least not in Atlanta.) There was a dealer with a fairly sizeable spot, but nobody from Triumph North America as far as I could tell. :(

·
Registered
89 Posts
Another factor is..
How big a company is Triumph compared to any of the other manufacturers.

Well except Honda, who probably is larger than all the others put together.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yo Rats,

I was so bummed that Triumph bikes get sport bike and naked bike of the year and they didn't show. Their Rocket cruiser would have been a real smash hit too. A whole lot of riders who spoke to me about my Speed Triple were REALLY interested in Triumphs' product line and were bummed also.
LOL!!! This is hilarious! Bummed!!! I know it's Yank-speak versus Brit-speak but getting bummed over here means something else and it normally involves another like minded bloke or something you do in a prison shower block while picking up the soap. :eek:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I recently attended the show in Long Beach, CA and, likewise, no Triumph.
Triumph was at Long Beach, three dealers but no corporate. I went from the SF Bay area to the Saturday show in LB because I was out of the country when the San Mateo show was occuring. Each dealer at LB had a different set of bikes and were spread out on the main floor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts