Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha Guys,
Well, after 4 long years, my daughter is graduating from SFSU. I will be attending the ceremonies. I will be leaving Hawaii to come to the Bay Area/SF from May 18th thru the 24th. First part of the week will be spent helping her get set for moving, packing, painting her apartment, etc. etc. After that there will be family and friends and festivities concerning the ceremony. But I'm sure there could be some downtime in there somewhere in the evenings. I'd like to see some other Bonnies that are from the area, maybe have a beer or two. My T-100 is the only Triumph on my island of Kauai and other Triumphs are few and far between if any!! Any takers? I'm buyin! Unless the whole club shows up haha LOL.
Joe dog

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
surfnteach is in Santa Cruz... Great ride up the Hwy 1 Cabrillo...
Check out Monroe's while your there. Great shop and guys.
Send me a large T-shirt as my old one is worn out!
Great logo!
http://www.munroemotors.com/
Have fun!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Ahh. I remembered the look of your bonnie in signature because my friend pretty much copied it (I think he contacted you) for his brand new bon and showed me pictures of your bike. Seriously nice looking bike. :)

Yeah check out Munroe. I think they've got most lines (probably no Rocket III) of Triumph and some demo bikes as well. I guess you don't have time for a full day rental riding during your stay, but a quick test ride in the city won't hurt. ;)

I don't know if there is an active RAT group in SF today, and I've never been to meetings of this sort. But if you see this japanese dude riding orange bonnie in the city, that's most certainly me, and I'm ready for a coffee or a beer anytime. :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
surfdogx, what part of SF will you be in? Near SFSU? I agree with the other about Munroe Motors, it's a nice shop and the folks are cool.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I want to go too!
Have fun bro's...
Gotta love the locals!
My wife would kill me if I went....

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Visit!

Thanks for the responses so far. Yeah, I'm actually there to WORK! yipe! You know, do all the things that dads do for thier kid. I'm sure she's got a list a mile long. I'm hoping after slaving all day for her all next week, that my evenings might be freed up.
Then of course all the relatives show up sometime on friday thru sunday for the festivities. I'll be bouncing around and between the Richmond and the SFSU Villas Park Merced area. No bike thats almost a given. But wouldn't mind seeing yours. Keep those cards, letters and emails coming in. I'll release my Cell Phone # just before I depart for the city by the bay. Maybe sooner.
Mr. J. Dog

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
If you could delay your visit to the 30th then you could have a look at the 2 bikes built by Hattar. One is a triumph street tracker - cost around $80-100 k to build and there is a Thuxton that they built for around $50 k. They are showing both bikes on the 30 May. If you are around the city then happy to catch up - drop me a PM...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts