Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello San Diego,

We have two........so now where are all those rats lets get a ride together a regular every week commitment......we can do this....there are more of us out there.......contact and come out..............

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Its Getting Warmer!!!!!! (where is everyone..?????.)

Just made a trip from SD to long beach for the cafe racer readers bike show. What a ride 85 and sunny all the way.... Sadly there was myself and one other. The number of trailer queens at this event was horrible. So if you wanna ride let me know ... looking to do smugglers run and del dios highway in the next few weeks lets get the rats out of the barn So Cal....

Cheers

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Might wanna make contact with the SoCal riders that are on/in here at the Socal section. Fun bunch. Look for "March Ride":D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello San Diego,

We have two........so now where are all those rats lets get a ride together a regular every week commitment......we can do this....there are more of us out there.......contact and come out..............
Hey Randy,

Did you have any luck finding riders in San Diego? Put my name down if you are putting something together, I'm always looking for good people to ride with that doesn't involve three wheels or 65 MPH interstate rides.

·
Registered
32 Posts
New to SD, living downtown but gonna be out here for at least 3 years. I'd love to meet up with some of you guys to ride around. I love my Thrux but zooming up and down the 5 and 805 isn't exactly what I had in mind lol. I saw a bunch of guys yesterday riding over the Coronado bridge yesterday, anyone of them on here?

·
Registered
28 Posts
There is a cafe racer meetup that has some Triumphs. I saw a group of Thruxton and Bonnies heading out 94 last month so they're around somewhere. Also the SD Sportbike group does some chill rides open to anyone, you get a mix of sportbikes, cruisers and even some 2 stroke supermotos. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I found a facebook for café racers in SD, but it looks like it hasn't been used in awhile. I'd love to ride with some people from this forum though, doesn't just have to be café racers!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Tonight there are bike nights at a couple of the cycle shops, Cycle Gear in Kearney Mesa and a Mira Mesa shop. Many of the groups attend. This page has them listed:

http://www.meetup.com/sandiegosportbikemeetupgroup/

As far as I know there is no San Diego Rat group, think the closest one is Orange County. Though meetup had just over 50 people on a waiting list for a Triumph group in San Diego.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi I'm new to the forum. How do I get involved in the SD rat pack. I live in oceanside. Whens the next get together. Is there a list I need to sign on?

·
Registered
248 Posts
There was talk of a ride for San Dieog/Orange county riders...
maybe a bit of dirt, but mostly road...

I could do this Sat...

·
Registered
50 Posts
youre road ONLY SkyorDie? or would you do some fire roads too?
I would do some fire roads, but not others. I just don't trust these 95/5 road tires for much off-road. My off-road skills are not the best, but I have a DRZ400 with knobbies for true off-road. I would not feel comfortable taking this heavy beast through sand, chunky rocks or a 45 degree grade of gravel. I bought the XRx for trips, but I've been riding it around like a sport bike. Anyone up for a road ride?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Im up for anything....
I have no off road skills, was kinda hoping we might take a fire road or two.
but ill do whatever

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Black Canyon Rd is the only dirt road I know of that's "groomed." It goes from HWY 78 to Mesa Grande (which is a motorcycle nirvana road.)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts