Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
I usually use this stuff. I take it 1 quart equals a litre? never have been able to work that one out.
1 US Quarts equals .946353 Liters
OR
1 Liter equals 1.056669 US Quarts
OR
1 Imperial Quart equals 1.113652 Liters
OR
1 Liter equals .879877 Imperial Quarts

All depends which side of the Pond you are on and how Anal you need to be.

K :geek:

·
Registered
470 Posts
1 US Quarts equals .946353 Liters
OR
1 Liter equals 1.056669 US Quarts
OR
1 Imperial Quart equals 1.113652 Liters
OR
1 Liter equals .879877 Imperial Quarts

All depends which side of the Pond you are on and how Anal you need to be.

K :geek:
I sort of follow that, I always assumed 1 quart was a quarter of a gallon. I've only just realised after 52 long years that a UK gallon is different to a US gallon :LOL:. 1 UK gallon is a tad over 4.5 litres making a quarter of a gallon over here 1.13ish litres. I get it now thanks(y)
When I went to school we were taught in metric measurements and British imperial at the same time, bloody confusing that was. It's a bit like when you chaps refer to the displacement of an engine in cubic inches, that goes right over my head but cubic centimetres I understand.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Be careful next we will bring up Engineers Blue, Paraffin, Spanners, whilst asking the question why did Triumph change to Positive Earth in 1951?

K o_O
Oh Lord, save us! Not the positive/negative ground here too? This came up on a car forum of all places. One guy, stated, he did not know you could have a positive ground.

The battery does not care which side is ground I told him, all else being equal.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Oh Lord, save us! Not the positive/negative ground here too? This came up on a car forum of all places. One guy, stated, he did not know you could have a positive ground.

The battery does not care which side is ground I told him, all else being equal.
I've had a couple of old cars that were positive ground, pain in the arse when trying to wire accessories to them.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts

The battery does not care which side is ground I told him, all else being equal
Well I will guarantee you that if hook up the battery so it's Negative Earth on an old Positive Earth Brit Bike ( say a pre 1979 Triumph) you will at least demagnetize the Rotor.

K 🧐

·
Super Moderator
1,648 Posts
I can tell you what hppens when you put the positive battery charger clip on the negative ground terminal because I was to lazy to go get my glasses..... o_O💥

·
Driftless Admin
11,436 Posts
I was in an almost empty campground and killed my battery trying to start the bike. Finally found another camper on the far end to give me a hand. Tried jumping it from his pickup, but I got no reaction from by bike at all when trying to start it. I had a voltmeter with me, it is one of the tools I carry. Battery read zero, like some fuse had been blown. So I checked the connection under his hood, and he had them backwards. Fuquer got all grumpy with me and grumbled I better not have hurt his truck!

In the end, only damage done was I got breakfast later in the morning than I would have liked.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thanks for the link. Great price, and I had depleted my supply flushing a dropped part last time I adjusted valves.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts