Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

We are new to this forum, but not to motorcycle cruise controls. We started our business in 1997, established our web site and within months were exporting product to the USA.

Twenty years later we have earned an outstanding reputation for extraordinary performance, quality, long-lasting product and great service - despite being on the other side of the planet!

MCCruise undertakes all its own R&D - we design and build every component and our software is second to none.

Today, we are proud to announce the release of our latest offering - full TBW cruise control for the Triumph Thruxton. What a bike! I still have a grin on my face when I think about my relatively short ride testing our cruise control. I didn't want to take the loan bike back to the Triumph Importers here in Australia.

The beauty of this install is that we have deciphered the CAN system so the wiring harness and installation is very easy. We needed to maintain our strict adherence to our high safety standards so we had to add a bit of complexity tapping into the front brake as a safety backup, but rear brakes, clutch, tach signal and speed are all obtained via CanBus.

Any capable home mechanic can install this kit and we hold your hand all the way with brilliant instructions. You can get a full-colour PDF copy BEFORE you buy, just by emailing us at [email protected] and requesting it.

If you haven't heard of us, have a look at our reviews on 'Word of Mouth' here

Many riders of 'sport' bikes don't realise what a boon good cruise control can be: huge ergonomic benefits being able to take the load off your arms and wrists and substantial fuel savings, but more importantly - increased range! I think you will likely be amazed how much your range increases. We haven't had access to the bike long enough to test it, but typically we see a 20% to 30% improvement in fuel economy on freeways/interstates.

... and it frees up your attention to focus on the traffic, the road surface and other hazards, instead of constantly looking at the speedo and for police/radars/traffic cameras! Personally, I need a new planet to be able to enjoy life again ..... but my cruise certainly helps. I set it just above the traffic speed and just below where I will get booked, because all bikers know it is much safer to be catching up to traffic than having them surprise you from behind.

With MCCruise' performance, you can be sure you will stay on speed - and that has an interesting benefit mentally. i find if I am travelling as fast as I can - without risking my licence, I get less frustrated and enjoy the ride and the scenery more. But the most important benefit is the lack of fatigue! i stay focused longer, can ride further - safely - and have enough mental and physical energy left for when I get to my favourite stretch of road, where it is all about enjoying the 'dance' of riding a bike in the twisties - freedom, exhilaration and the satisfaction of getting it right!.

I hope you take the opportunity to investigate our product. if you buy, I promise you won't be disappointed and right now there is a time-limited, special offer for Triumphrat forum members: just use the special code 'triumphrat' (without quotes) in the cart and you get an 8% discount making this superb new product, very affordable.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is MCCruise for the Thruxton and T120 the same?

This should be the same setup for T120 Bonnie would it not. Same wiring harness basiclly.
Hi,

I have to be straight and say 'I simply do not know the answer - yet!' If someone with a T120 wants to email us and get our Thruxton instructions, they can compare photos and see if the connections look the same. It astonishes us, but frequently manufacturers change wire colours and connectors between models, so I can't rule anything in - or out - until we check - or you check.

On Monday I will contact the Triumph Importer and find out what I can. i am not sure we can get a bike though. Hopefully I can get a wiring diagram, but that doesn't show which connectors are used.

We hope the CanBus IDs for the signals we need are common between models, but there is no guarantee, in our experience. We will have to access a bike to be certain.

The problem is certain after-market companies (which I won't name) have done things to the ECU software on Triumphs - and corrupted it. It has cost Triumph a lot fixing problems they were not responsible for - as I understand it! I don't know the scale of the problem, but see the end result because the CanBus we now see is encrypted. it is tricky figuring out what does what.

Our company does NOT interfere with the bike in ANY way. We read data, but feed nothing back and do so invisibly. The system does not know we are there, so there are no warranty issues. Moreover, we don't even go to ABS brake systems for speed signal - because ABS systems do fail -and we do not want manufacturers pointing the finger of blame at us - or the customer being caught between two warring parties blaming each other.

These policies have served us well. We always err on the side of safety because WE ride motorcycles too. We developed a special Spiegler hydraulic brake switch for an un-named German motorcycle exactly because the ABS system operated the brakes and the brakes shut down our cruise. What happens if the ABS system fails we asked? No answer was forthcoming, so we erred on the safe side and installed the hydraulic brake switch over-ride. Within two weeks of our MCCruise being released on the motorcycle, a customer's ABS system failed in the middle of the Nullarbor Plain in Oz. Our safety systems shut the MCCruise down with no issues, but it could have been a different story if we didn't stand by our principles and ensure the safety of our customers as our number one priority.

We will keep you posted and look forward to any mechanically capable owner of a T120 contacting us for our Thruxton instructions ......

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MCCruise for T120?

This should be the same setup for T120 Bonnie would it not. Same wiring harness basiclly.
Roasted has written to me privately and we have sent him detailed info about the Thruxton 1200 to compare to his T120. I will keep you all posted on progress.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'm interested in looking at my wiring harness to see if you think it might work on my 2016 street twin. Let me know if I can help.

Cheers!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MCCruise for T120

Please develop one for the T120 as well.
Hi,

We are working on it with a customer. He has reviewed all the Thruxton instructions and is ready to attempt to fit the MCCruise. We had a major catastrophe with the unexpected passing of our Production manager of 10 years within 5 weeks of being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer - then Frank had to go on holiday - and now we are regrouping.

Implementation on the T120 will all hinge on whether the CAN IDs are the same across the Triumph range. It would make sense that they would be, but Triumph has had some serious issues with after-market guys re-flashing their ECU and 'stuffing' them up basically. As a consequence they have gone to considerable expense and trouble scrambling CAN data to try to stop people interfering with their bikes.

Triumph like us because we NEVER interfere with the fundamentals of their bikes - just demonstrate how effective great cruise control can be if done right!

Tony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts