Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, if i do the air injector removal kit, and remap with the SAI unchecked...what does that mean? By mapping with this unchecked, does this "turn off the" air pump? and if so, can i remove it without using a resistor (which i have seen mentioned in some other threads?)

thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
All it will do is prevent you from getting a code associated with the solenoid being unplugged or removed, it won't physically prevent any operation of equipment.

Also, this is a passive system that uses reed valves that open under vacuum conditions in the exhaust, I don't think you have an SAI pump on the bike. But without knowing your year/make/model, can't confirm.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
yep, remove SAI with the "kit". then in your chosen map uncheck the SAI box by double clicking on it, then load the map into your ECU.

unchecking the SAI on the map prevents an error code being logged for the "malfunction" of the SAI without the need to use the resistors, which would otherwise light up the MIL light on your speedo.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Make sure to save the map after unchecking, otherwise it will still be checked when you send the map to the bike.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
so, i saved the original map with the SAI unchecked. I have the BC air injection kit and i am ready to roll with that. I have a few more questions.

Can i remove the solenoid and just zip tie the wire to to the frame?
When i download the new saved map, do i have to run the "reset adaptation" seeing that the only thing changed was unchecking the SAI..?

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
I think you said you have the kit so once all of the hoses and things are off and stuff you can just unplug the solenoid. I'd tape over the connections at least to prevent corrosion. Also make sure the hole in the air box is plugged and you should be good to go.

You shouldn't need to reset adaptations for SAI removal on its own.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts