Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was really disappointed in the small size of the Triumph saddlebags, so one winter project was to swap them for some from Cycle Gear (a site sponsor, no less!):

Coming from a BMW, I was accustomed to LOTS of storage space for trips.

Also, after seeing the 50th Anniversary Bonnie, I had to get my side covers painted to match the tank.

The stickers are from the Smithsonian Museum of American Indians -- the artwork is from contemporary native artists working on traditional themes. Eagle above, Turtle below:

And, here's me in the picture. Unfortunately, my buddy cut off the bike a bit!

So, how are your winter projects going?

·
Registered
691 Posts
That's a very nice looking Bonnie ya got there. Tell me a little more about those bags... do they have a rain cover?

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
A great example of the versatility of the Bonneville. It is a bike that begs to be defined by its rider. Its great that it can be a stripped down cafe racer our a decked out touring machine like this one.

·
Registered
333 Posts
great looking bike, i like the touring setup we can do to our bikes, who's windscreen do you have?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To answer the questions:

During daylight savings time I use the Triumph Summer Windscreen:

(The green triple belongs to Leo, who is doing the garden gnome impression in the rear.)

During standard time, the Clearview touring screen uses the same four mounting screws.

And the rain cover for the saddlebags store in the little pocket on the leading edge:

Any more questions?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts