Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got a n '07 Speedmaster. Haven't ridden for years (piled up a street 350 Maico in 1959). Always wanted a Triumph, so here I am. Want saddlebags for it. What is better the over the fender type or those with brackets that mount to the side of rear fender?. Have been talking to a local guy who is selling his Bonneville (wife making him do it) has Triumph logo leather bags. Also a guy in Manchester has beautiful side mount bags. About the same price. Except for shipping from Europe. I am in Washington state. Seems like the quick mount bags would be better except they are nylon (maybe not too water resistant).

What do you experienced guys/gals think? Thanks

·
Registered
333 Posts
i use saddlemens throw over type, harness is mounted under the seat, can take the bags off, and leave the harness on the bike, forgot the model type, but they have a hard back and quick release button that turn to remove the bags.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I agree with the Saddleman bags. I have triumph bags on my TBA for a couple of years and hated them. Way too small. I love the Saddleman bags. I modified them some by taking off the yoke and mounting them directly to the bag braces that I had from th etriumph bags. Much nicer look not having the yoke going over the fender and the rear pillion seat fits much better without the yoke as well.
David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts