Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I cannot figure out how to attach the saddlebags onto my bike. I bought the bike with the plastic stock saddlebags and attachments but the bags were not attached at the time. I can't figure out where they attach or how. Has anyone done this with a 1999 Sprint ST?

Thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
217 Posts
On each side of the bike there's a bracket for the luggage, with a latch towards the center of the bike. The top rail of the bracket engages the flange near the op of the luggage box. You have to slightly cock the luggage up to engage the flange with the rail then slide it all the way forward to engage the lock.

At no point should you have to force anything If you are forcing things STOP and reassess. Also the luggage lock needs to be opened to engage the box.

It's hard to explain because it takes practice and I still have problems with it sometimes.

·
Registered
233 Posts
On mine, I put the case flange on top of the rail with the bag all the way back to the turn signal. When I see the bag attached to the rail, I look down at the latch on the bike at the front of the bag. The bag has a catch that needs to slide forward into the latch assembly. Mine fits pretty snug, so I have to gently whack the back of my bags to encourage the catch to slide forward into the latch assembly.

So, two mounting points on the bike. Rail, under the seat, and latch assembly right below the rear pegs.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

1 - 4 of 4 Posts