Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All, My S4 Had it's first service at 900 Km's It's now done 2700 Km's. I checked the oil the other day and it's right on the low mark ( Bike in the upright position ) I had to add about 4-500 ml to bring it up to the correct level. The things only done 1800 Km's Is this normal???
Cheers Stampy.

·
Registered
235 Posts
How long did you let it be, before checking the oil level? It really takes a long time to get the oil in the sump.

If it consumes oil, I still wouldn't be worried. Afterall it depends on how you ride.

And as a final word, if the oil pressure light isn't on and there's some kind of a drop on the dipstick, I wouldn't be worried

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bike hadn't been ridden for a couple of days when I checked the level, Could have been the shop it was serviced at didn't fill it to the correct level, I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks. :cool:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I think you really need to make two consecutive oil level readings before you can get concerned about oil consumption.

For the record, with a little over 8k miles on my bike, it has not used a bit of oil in two oil changes. It's surprising. I've never owned a bike that didn't burn or burp a little oil.

Good thing, I guess, given how much the recommended oil costs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts