Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently replaced my pre-fire S4 with an '08 S3. on the 4 i had fitted an LSL kit and a set of Renthal "Streetfighter" bars. Once the Scramie came out, i snatched up one of the accessory crosspads, and loved the way it looked. Long story short, i just want to verify that the risers for the 08-later, and 07-earlier S3's basically mount the same, just different perch sizes to accomodate the "fat" bars on the later bikes. And if this is true, throw out that i am looking for a set of 07-earlier risers, and will subsequently have a set of 08-later ones/tapered bar in need of adoption.

i gave up a long time ago trying to sell or even save removed stock pieces from my bikes, normally i send them out for the price of shipping, because there is always someone out there hours from a dealership that really needs it, and c'mon, lets be honest, will it ever go back on?..

·
Registered
42 Posts
I might be interested in those bars. Do you have a picture. Assuming they will fit on a 2000 S3. I'm not that fond of the clip ons that the previous owner installed.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the risers and bars are the stock '08 bits, bars are Renthal, with a casted silver aluminum finish, not sure if the risers will bolt to a '00 clamp..but they are much much better than clip-ons IMHO.

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Joe, so you want to replace fatbar risers with 22mm risers just to fit a Renthal Streetfighter 22mm bar?

Why not get the Renthal Fatbar in Streetfighter bend? This would save you the riser replacement.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the reason i am wanting to switch is not the bend, but the cross brace. for the simple fact that i want to put another scrambler pad on the bars. i dont really see the need for a tapered bar on a streetbike anyway, or the cross brace pad for that matter:), but some like the look.
I just figured someone out there would want to trade their earlier risers for mine.

If not i will just order a set of the aftermarket ones, no biggie.

Once i get it all together, i'll post pics, or maybe a few of my little old S4. i like the way the pad adds a little weight to the front of the bike since i dont run the pixie hat..

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow, nobody?:confused:

let me clarify what i'm asking..

does anyone want to trade the early standard risers, for the later tapered risers AND tapered bar?

i figured someone would be interested.

blows my mind how sometimes you can't find a certain part to save your life, and sometimes you can't even give the stuff away!!!:rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts