Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Also looking at Delray, Deerfield Beach, Pompano Beach and Boca Raton. There is a very high probability of me moving to this area within next 3-4 month. Any good riding routes in the area ? How about Triumph dealers / mechanics ? Any other motorcycle and non-motorcycle tips for the area much appreciated.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I bought my Speed at the Pompano Triumph/ Duc dealer and had a good experience with them. Not too many great roads down here. Good asphalt but not a lot of turns. Mostly beach rides and some open highway west. Some nice roads thru Wellington and maybe out toward lake Okeechobee. You can string together some decent routes. Two tracks close though. Palm Beach International Raceway and Homestead/ Miami Speedway.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I concur with Poz you will find a great service team at the Pompano Triumph/Ducati dealer. As for the rides you might be disappointed unless you head North towards Lake Okeechobee. A1A is nice between Fort Lauderdale and Jupiter and depends upon how much time you have available and willingness to remain below 35MPH!! Beware of Radars. Stay away of I95 and I595, its really dangerous, horrible drivers down here...

·
Registered
114 Posts
I bought my Speed at the Pompano Triumph/ Duc dealer and had a good experience with them. Not too many great roads down here. Good asphalt but not a lot of turns. Mostly beach rides and some open highway west. Some nice roads thru Wellington and maybe out toward lake Okeechobee. You can string together some decent routes. Two tracks close though. Palm Beach International Raceway and Homestead/ Miami Speedway.
Like POZS3 says, there are some nice roads out Wellington way up towards Lake Okeechobee, but you have to do your homework first.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I live in Jupiter, which is about 70 miles North from Lauderdale, this area is much more conducive to riding, from here you can go North as well as West with alot less traffic.... PM me when you get here if you want o ride up this way one day...

Ditto on Atlantic Motorcycles in Pompano, I bought my S3, there.. Good sales Staff as well as an Excellent Service department...

Welcome to the Sunshine State!! PM me with any questions you may have.
:)

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the route info. and the warnings gentlemen ! S4BILL, will def. PM you as soon as I'm there with my bike !

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally semi-settled in SE Florida. Had to trade my full face lid for a 3/4 open face one. Just couldn't hack it at the long red lights on the local roads baking inside my full face helmet. Still wear my textile Fieldsheer jacket. The local Harley and the Japanese crotch-rocket riders in their t-shirts, flip-flops and shorts pull up next to me and look in my general direction like they want to ask me where I parked my alien space ship. seems like local winter is the time to ride ?

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@ Challengerjet: I got a flexible schedule right now (while I'm looking for a job). Let me know when you have a few hours to show me around the neighborhood ? I'm located between Boca and Deerfield.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ride all year. Best time between the end of October and end of April. Summertime ride early before afternoon showers.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Excellent we are neighbors I am in Fort Lauderale, not to show my geekness but is Nexus 6 in reference to Blade Runner?
Yep, we are neighbors! Should make it easy to arrange a ride. Let me know how your schedule works out. Nexus 6 is indeed a ref. to Blade Runner.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Coral Gables here. You can ride year round in sofla, local weather is not the biggest problem around here, crazy/high/dumb/old drivers and straight roads is what makes riding here suck big time. There is a solution though: 2 road racing tracks, PBIR and Homestead. google for south florida trackdays for more info.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@sergey & challengerjet,
Thanks for the warning and the advice.
I had a few "pucker" moments on I95 already (and that is after commuting on Los Angeles highway / freeway system for past 3 years).

·
Registered
129 Posts
My girlfriend and myself rode Brooksville and Dade City (just outside Tampa) last weekend on my Sp Triple and her St Triple. Great curvy back roads with some hilly terrain. I used to live up there and I miss those roads:cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts