Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me? I# picked up on another posting a reference to Steve's Grills as a good place to find a suitable protection for my Oil Cooler / Radiator.

To import a grill into South Africa would be pricey and even somewhat problematic, in that it may not get here or have problems clearing it with customs...

For those who have Oil Cooler / Radiator grills -- would it be possible to post pics to the site? I can then get an idea of what I should have made up design-wise. Indeed, maybe some amongst us may have some good advices to offer as far as design, pitfalls, practicalities and experiences...

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
If you've got the big oil cooler I've got a 'new' set of Mike's grilles for sale. Am looking at 2/3 the price thay cost from Mike.
Grilles have only been on the bike a short time and are in as new condition.

·
Registered
215 Posts
goto advanced search, punch in mikes grilles, change to search for ALL words, not any words, and search just the speed triple forum from the drag down, and there are lots of pictures and other companys grilles for comparison. The mikes grilles are great, and they are the cheaper option. They ship outta the U.K. though, so I don't know if you will have any issues though. At least they're not coming from Afganistan!

·
Registered
114 Posts
My friend Andrew Cox from 'Cox Racing' makes both guards and in several color combo's. He used my bike for the templates. He's been doing guards for several years and sells them through Lockhart Phillips. Check their site or catalog. They are very clean and better looking than any other designs I've seen- guaranteed. :-D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts