Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The return fuel line connector has snapped on my S3.

Do these just screw into the tank? Is there a torque setting for them? I wouldn't want to snap a new one when replacing it.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
There is no torque setting. I replaced mine with good metal ones. If you replace them yourself, Drain the tank, remove it and put it on a thick blanket on a bench. Mark the direction each one is pointing with a marker on the plate, and see how many threads are showing so you can thread the new one approx. the same amount. You can reuse the old gasket, but I would just get a new one. Wrap the threads with teflon tape before you reinstall, and torque each little bolt to spec. I think it's 6 Nm, but look it up. And Bobs your fathers brother!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.

I was hoping to do this with the tank still on the bike. Is it possible?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well just to close this one out - I phoned the supplying dealer yesterday. They said they would collect the bike and fix it under warranty. They are not my nearest dealer and are some 50 miles away.

A van turns up this morning. Out gets a mechanic with toolbox and parts. Replaces the fuel connector on my driveway. All done and dusted.

Great service and a big thank you to On Yer Triumph.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts