Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
2,543 Posts
mush,
Kreem is white so what you're seeing could be rust on the inside of your tank. The flaking pieces in the carbs and hopefully in the in-line filters I would suspect are flakes of rust. It's possible it could be some other brand of sealer but I'm not aware of a product that's primer in color.

I have a 96 tona with rusty spots inside my tank with similar symptoms to yours. I'm planning on using a tank sealer over this winter when I'll also be rebuilding my carbs. I've used Kreem tank sealer on other bikes with very good success. It's quite involved, taking the better part of a day to complete because of the multiple steps (cleaning, etching, stop bath, coating, coating again...) required but it works great.

There is another product that supposedly has only one step although I've not used it, don't know the product name either, sorry.
But if you're not seeing white inside the tank then it's most likely not been treated with Kreem.

I wouldn't buy a new OEM tank just yet, give a sealer a try first. Hope this helps.

remember free advice is worth what you paid for it,
dc

· Premium Member
2,543 Posts
mush,
So you live in Coeur d'Alene, ID.
I was just out there a couple years ago visiting a friend who moved there from here (Atlanta). He's a BMW guy. We (two friends and I) trailered our bikes from Atlanta to Coeur d'Alene and took a two week bike trip vacation with him (Phil) touring the Canadian Rockies, Glacier Natl Pk, Yellowstone and all points in between. Some of the best scenery I've ever seen! Love that Moose Drool Ale! Must be nice to live in such a beautiful area.

So what color is your Daytona? I hear the red ones are the fastest.

dc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.