Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 bonnie with TEC 2into2 and snorkel removed - everything else standard. Now i remember (i think!) TEC saying 112.5 but cause i removed the snorkel i put in 115s.

bike runs fine but did a plug chop anyway and i think it looks lean. what you think? that other plug on the right is from my R1 and its been dyno set up so its a good colour bench mark.

think i shall order some 120s?!?!?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
The bonne plug looks fine to me, the R1 on the other hand looks a bit rich. Normaly with the unleaded fuel we get down under plugs stay pretty clean and the insulators white for quite high mileages. You shouldn't try to read an old plug as they can get deposits that will cause miss readings.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I would say that the R1 plug is best and the Bonnie is just a tad too lean - not really anything to worry about though. Try going a quarter or half turn in on the air/mixture screw - you'll probably need the D shape tool.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
plug looks fine. you could try the 120's and give 'er the butt dyno back to back 1/2 to wide open throttle looking for a little more pull. what is your elevation?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts