Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Have tried searchig but the 'in' part of my query is less than 3 letters and as a result I get all kinds of non relevant stuff.....:))

Anyway, my 06 ST has about 400km on it. The previous owner bought it in 'new' late 07 and only put a few k's on before he just sold it to me. I know the first service has a 'or which ever comes first' with respect to distance or time, but it has not had its first service yet so is still running the break in oil.

It sounds quite loud when its warm and there is quite a bit of noise with the clutch out when the idle gears are turning.

I guess given that its had this oil in for a long time, I should get it in for its first service pronto which I will. I ride it quite hard with fairly big hand fulls of throttle but try keep it generally below 6k and try keep the revs moving by shifting gears a lot even when riding steady.

Question is, do things get significantly better with respect to noise, gear change quality when they put synth oil in it? Have others notices any appreciable difference after the first service?

·
Premium Member
24,302 Posts
Beetos,
these are noisey engines, that will not change, gearbox will loosen up with the more kms you put on it, that is normal too.

These engines take a while to run in fully and the gearboxes take longer.

this is the same with 955 and 1050 engines and gearboxes.

DaveM:cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts