Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday, I used the use my lap timer on the street triple R 675 all the time, it was really easy to use. However I am a little confused in how to use the 765 RS lap timer. I have read the manual in detail but can not get it working.

When I have the lap timer up on the TFT I activate the lap timer it starts recording.
However when I go into the menu to review stored sessions there is no information stored.

I have tried it with the auto lap timer and distance lap timer and they don’t seem to record any lap times either.

Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks
James

·
Registered
127 Posts
I don't have it in front of me right now, but if I remember what the manual said there's a lap timer option or something in the menu.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes there is
But there is never anything in results review. Can someone do me a favour and see if they can get any information in their results review screen via the main menu

Much appreciated

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Figured it out. Pretty much everyone’s RS lap timer is stuffed. Apparently triumph plan a TFT software update to correct bugs

·
Registered
127 Posts
Didn't know that. To be honest, I've never used mine. I just knew it existed.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
No one uses it
I tried to use it on the one track day I did on my bike but quickly realized it was a pain trying to hit the button to start and stop at the right time and it was just easier to let the transponder do the work.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I tried to use it on the one track day I did on my bike but quickly realized it was a pain trying to hit the button to start and stop at the right time and it was just easier to let the transponder do the work.
Same here.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CR biker you don’t need to keep hitting it. You can set the lap distance and it meant to automatically change laps based on that distance and average speed

·
Registered
75 Posts
The thing is the laptimer sucks. In my opinion, it should count laps as soon as you set a pre distance. But no, you have to hit the button every single lap. And to do this is so inaccurate that becomes useless.

But I think, in your own case, seems you're not giving the second command to finish the session.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mfzimmer, that’s what it is meant to do. That’s the whole reason you can set the distance, so it changes the lap time automatically. This is what the manual describes. If it doesn’t do it, it is not working correctly.

·
Premium Member
8,213 Posts
If you really want lap times, but don't have access to a transponder, or don't want to spend the money on one there is another solution - a free app.

https://racechrono.com/

Of course, it means you have to carry your phone with you, or securely mount it to your bike IAW with whatever organization you ride with, but it seemed to work pretty good. I used it one day, when I still in the novice group. However, my times were so inconsistent, because I was playing frogger around a full track of what were even for me some pretty slow and unpredictable riders, I decided to just forget about it and work on my technique.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Took my street triple rs for its first service today. They updated the TFT software but it didn’t fix the problem. They they tested their demo bike and it had the same problem. I’m now waiting to hear back from triumph Australia..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts