Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I normaly keep mine at 5k or better when cruising around town. Traffic can HEAR me comming and I have plenty of power in a hurry. Where do you guys ride?

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
My Triple pulls so well from down low it doesn't seem to matter -usually from 3 to 5 thou
works good for me.

·
Registered
692 Posts
A easy ride, No traffic 3K
Traffic 5K
Long bridge late at night 9.9K

We have 5 long bridges in my area 2 to 5 miles long, As long as there is no traffic, most of the time the law just looks the other way.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
3-4kish; it seems a bit too twichy above that at low speeds just cruising around, a bit too much power at hand. I will always downshift if there seems to be a potential quick move scenario happening. There doesn't seem to be any trouble hearing the Old Squids' in that range.

[ This message was edited by: Goffe on 2006-12-23 18:23 ]

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
oops

[ This message was edited by: Goffe on 2006-12-23 15:50 ]

·
Registered
114 Posts
3K-4K. No need to run it any higher unless you think your going to need it. It just wears your motor more and uses more fuel. Now if your diggin on the sound of your pipes or something, welllll now 'that's' a different story. :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
On 2006-12-24 02:55, Avi8or wrote:
On 2006-12-23 10:25, milqster wrote:
Usually try to keep above that 3800 rpm 'stumble/really lean' area.
Time for a new tune?
Well, I think it is time....bike is 100% factory spec at the mo. Do the dealers have updated tunes for such issues? If not, I'll have to wait for Tuneboy and some exhaust.

It's not really been an issue, but if I maintain 3800 rpm, give or take, it has a bit of a surge...stumble was probably a bad description. Similar to over-advanced timing on my v-twins. I have noticed a few others on the forum who have mentioned this also.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I doubt it. Stock tunes tends to favour emissions and noise.
Other aspects such as fuelling power torque response are all sacrificed on the altar of legislation.
Ideally a tuneboy, but if your dealer is not $$$ hungry maybe one of the TORS tunes might cure, at least if not completely, then at least some of your symptoms.
A five minute job at the most.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts