·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Nice site... Thanks Doc.

Here's a quicker LINK.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I considered a Royal Enfield for awhile and at times still think I may pick one up. Part of the reason was the availability of parts and accessories at the online Royal Enfield store. Even spoke with the head store guy once. They were very helpful and very realistic about the Enfield. Nice folks.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Very cool stuff! I like the scrambler/trials kit. I may get an Enfield one day.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I wouldn't really care for a bike made in India.....the only country that still has the plague.....really. New Bonneville and Bellacorse work for Triumph just fine I think.

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
if you spend $400 on that mikuni kit the bike will go 75mph no problem!!!

If I wanted a hunk of Sheit to work on I'd get an old bike, more street cred and much cooler and faster.

FU RE!

[ This message was edited by: sweatmachine on 2006-12-12 14:12 ]

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I still think their store is very nice. Broad range, nicely laid out, themed kits...

·
Registered
685 Posts
On 2006-12-12 12:54, DrEnglish wrote:
Triumph needs a store like this. For the brave or mechanically inclined amongst us, I am sure that a lot of the stuff will fit or be adaptable to a Trump. And hey, they even have spoke wrenches!
If Triumph had a store like that near me I would have spent a lot of money by now. Triumph dealers could make big bucks if they were awake to something like this, my dealer keeps very minimal add on's and you can forget about performance parts....

:( :evil: :( :evil: :( :evil: :( :mad: :( :mad: :(

·
Registered
375 Posts
I do like that site. The only thing that i want it s full fairing for my thruxton that doesn't involve welding anything onto my frame. Their full fairing kit and their cafe kit make the bikes look really cool and fast. Unfortunately they are slow, but still really cool looking. I would love to pick up one of the militart ones, but i would hate the 22BHP.

I'm kinda glad that the parts aren't as readily available. I kind of like wrenching around in my garage.
TJ

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Doc-why would Triumph do something so stright forward? Triumph site is pretty good, but this one makes it very easy. As far as "Made In India" we better get used to it. Between them and China, you have HUGE markets and their bikes, while as laughable as the first Subarus in the US, are kinda tough running little things. I heard Triumph was looking to buy Enfield in Europe a while back.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
What a nice website/store! Gaiters less than $10 bucks. Alloy fenders less than $70. Parts to make a cafe bike. Parts to make a Scrambler. I think based on the prices of accessories, a wrencher/tinkerer like so many of us are could have a blast with an Enfield. What a neat machine to putt around the National Park in my area, with its 45mph speed limit.
The Enfield is obviously not the bike for a one-bike owner.

There was an intresting article in one of the bike mags a few years ago about a coast to coast ride on a R Enfield. I have to tell you that it was from the North Coast (Lake Erie) to Florida, Not Maine to California.

Bob

·
Registered
204 Posts
On 2006-12-12 14:07, Thunder_Forever wrote:
I wouldn't really care for a bike made in India.....the only country that still has the plague.....really. New Bonneville and Bellacorse work for Triumph just fine I think.
Sorry. But I find your comments to be racist.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Triumph really needs to get their act together. They are giving away a lot of money to the after market guys.

"Made In India"
Enfield of India has been making bikes for quite a while. At first they had some problems with the castings but that is ancient history now. You see them all over India and they see some hard duty. Yes they break but are easy to fix and maintain. Yes they are slow but you can't go fast anyway cause of the mass of humanity (and other beasties) on the road.
I rode one from Bangalore to Goa and back on a Bullet350. Also did Mysore and Madras. 20 HP, and each and every one of them a veritable warhorse waiting to be unleashed upon the roads of India. :) NOT
It was great.
did I mention that I'm an idiot?
When I told them that I was planning on taking it to Darjeeling all hell broke loose.
350 bullet
If I wanted a hunk of Sheit to work on I'd get an old bike, more street cred and much cooler and faster.
faster, allmost anything.
cooler, allmost nothing
steet cred, I've seen one go 3 up, towing a trailer packed to over flowing with plastic recycleables.<----- that is street cred.
They just don't have any bussiness on a modern freeway. :razz:
or any other place that is modern.

They really do harken back to a simpler time.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Racist?!?!?! How do you find that comment racist? i find you sensitive!?!? This is purely an example, but if he would have said he didn't want a bike put together in a 7/11, well sir that would be a racist comment. I do believe the comment was somewhat irrevelant, but far from racist. I think that is a word you should use very carefully.
TJ

·
Registered
578 Posts
Well, brushing aside the made in India thing, and that they have low power, aside from that, they are neat looking bikes. They also do have legitimate retro appeal as they are practically unchanged in design since the toolwork got shipped to India. I wouldn't buy one, because I want a bike with more power and greater reliability, but to each his own.

Anyway, their accessories website is very impressive, I mean if you delve into it there's all kinds of factory accessories like racks, tail lights, whole kits for one purpose or another, ie. scrambler package or cafe racer package, different performance packages like carbs and intake setup, etc. It would definately be cool if Triumph offered more accessories like that. They (Triumph) don't offer any optional tail lights/turn signals, racks, oil pressure gauges, mirrors, at all. Let alone styling packages. It would be nice if they did.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
HKT100,

I agree with the remark about India. There is no way I would buy a motorcycle or anything else with any kind of complexity from India. Call me a racist I don't care, I've had too many friends and co-workers who have lost their jobs due to out sourcing, to India, and I don't like that in any way shape or form. I know that the big exec's in these companies are to blame, but that doesn't mean I have to like it or support them.

Partially off my soap box for now.

I still love my Bonnie and America

[ This message was edited by: wenzel850 on 2006-12-13 07:47 ]

·
Registered
835 Posts
On 2006-12-12 20:24, caspianthruxton wrote:
Racist?!?!?! How do you find that comment racist? i find you sensitive!?!? This is purely an example, but if he would have said he didn't want a bike put together in a 7/11, well sir that would be a racist comment. I do believe the comment was somewhat irrevelant, but far from racist. I think that is a word you should use very carefully.
TJ
Thank you.......

.....for those of you with a sense of humor, my comment was from a Simpsons episode.

hkt100, why don't you write them a letter voicing your complaints. :-D

lighten up.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts