Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
In a way its good to hear others have had the same problem. I was a bit reluctant to accept the dealers diagnosis as I had no problem for 5000miles. Looks like he was right after all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know there has been A LOT of talk about vibes on the Tiger 900, and I will just leave it as people are welcome to have differing opinions. This is my own personal take and yours can be completely different and I am A-OK with that. For me at over 65 MPH on the highway, my hands hurt. I have carpal to boot. When I did a ride after first installing the anti-vibe risers it was like night and day. I did a quick jaunt and looked down and I was doing 90 MPH without even knowing it. I was laughing and crying it was so awesome. Having to remove the anti-vibe risers was devastating so I am dying to figure out a way to get this to work. I am gonna touch base with my local Triumph guys, an awesome outfit in Concord, NH, and have them give me a quote to make this work. I will report back when I hear something.

·
Registered
24 Posts
As an aside, have any of you with vibrations tried grip puppies? I've used them on Super Ténéré's, mainly because the bigger grip is more comfortable to me but they also remove alot of the vibrations. They cost next to nothing so before spending your hard-earned on risers that may or may not stretch control lines, you might want to try them.

As an aside, grip puppies over heated grips do work fine for me, they just take a tad longer to heat up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
As an aside, have any of you with vibrations tried grip puppies? I've used them on Super Ténéré's, mainly because the bigger grip is more comfortable to me but they also remove alot of the vibrations. They cost next to nothing so before spending your hard-earned on risers that may or may not stretch control lines, you might want to try them.

As an aside, grip puppies over heated grips do work fine for me, they just take a tad longer to heat up.
I super appreciate that suggestion, TooTall. I had not heard of these before. Ordered ($20 on Amazon US). Looking forward to giving them a try!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I super appreciate that suggestion, TooTall. I had not heard of these before. Ordered ($20 on Amazon US). Looking forward to giving them a try!
No worries. It's not a magic bullet but it might help. It takes a few rides to get used to them, but personally I now can't live without...every normal grip feels super thin and uncomfortable to me now.

Sticking them on can be a bit of a pain, plenty of YouTube tutorials. Remember, patience and soap water are your friends!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I spoke to my local dealer & asked if there was anyway to fit the risers & was told; "they could remove all the panels & adjust the cabling to give enough slack for the risers. They said it was about an hour to remove & an hour to put back at £100 per hour!!!!" So, I'm thinking of doing that myself but then I still think the brake pipe & clutch cable may need renewing. The dealer said a Bobber cable was a bit longer & could be used at roughly £50. I'm sure someone like Venhill.co.uk could do one at half the price.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Based on what was shared in the thread on Facebook, those are 2 inch Rox vibration dampening risers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Does anyone have real world experience with the Rox bar risers on a 900 Rally Pro? I'm very interested if they can be fitted without too much changes to the cables.
Put the Rox anti vib 2" on my 2021 gt pro today, clutch cable thru wire feed at triple tree seems fine, test ride confirmed all good. As for vibration canceling , ah, maybe, but the Rox most definitely eases the arms and back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Following my thoughts about the Rox Risers, I took the standard clutch cable and brake cable to Venhill.co.uk and they made up 2.5 inch longer ones. I think it was around £110. I had to strip the panels & take the tank off which gives access to the ABS unit where the brake cable connects. Also whilst the tank is off it's easy to ease through extra electric harness to take any pressure off the switches. Much happier with the position now. Venhill should now have the cables in their data base if anyone wants to order them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Following my thoughts about the Rox Risers, I took the standard clutch cable and brake cable to Venhill.co.uk and they made up 2.5 inch longer ones. I think it was around £110. I had to strip the panels & take the tank off which gives access to the ABS unit where the brake cable connects. Also whilst the tank is off it's easy to ease through extra electric harness to take any pressure off the switches. Much happier with the position now. Venhill should now have the cables in their data base if anyone wants to order them.
Hi, I have contacted Venhill they say they do not have the cables in their database... do you have an order reference or order date etc I can give them so they can search for them... as Triumph dont seem to be able to tell me the length of the cables on the Tiger 900 GT Pro. Many thanks Taff

21 - 29 of 29 Posts