Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, having bought a 1991 1200 Trophy as a none runner , the tank being loosely fitted I got the bike running by cleaning the contacts on starter solenoid, the carb rubbers were split so have changed them all and air box etc.My question, the tank s pipes were fitted as follows, one petrol pipe to left of frame and left of carbs, one running under frame to right hand side of carbs, small pipe from back of tap to third carb top and the pipe at the very back of tank was connected to the fourth carb top. I thought this was an overflow pipe which should go to rear and three of the four carb should have blanks. If someone could verify routing etc I'd appreciate it Many thanks John

·
Registered
82 Posts
Everything is as it should be with the exception of the pipe coming from the tank. It is indeed an overflow hose and should not be connected to the carbs. Three carbs have caps on them (#1, #2, #4) and the third one has the hose to the fuel tap.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
This is what the hoses look like coming off of the carbs on my 1200 Daytona, it's the same setup with the vacuum petcock. You can see me pointing to the back nipple on the fuel cock, this is where the J shaped hose goes from the left side of the carb bank. Just follow bigern and the BoardBandits instructions and you'll be fine
The small hose coming off the back of the fuel tap is for vacuum to operate the petcok.

Everything is as it should be with the exception of the pipe coming from the tank. It is indeed an overflow hose and should not be connected to the carbs. Three carbs have caps on them (#1, #2, #4) and the third one has the hose to the fuel tap.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many Many thanks for those replies and taking time to attach info, I can get all that attached now and hopefully have a runner, bike came from a dealer, begs question why the overflow attached to carb? thought it was weird , Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts