Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday night here and of to bed soon but this morning I had breakfast in front of the computer. Looked at some pics that SweatMachine had taken on his ride along Route 66 then read up about 66 on a link he gave, interesting stuff.Fish'n'chip night Saturday, called in to the video shop to find a movie for the family to watch. Disney film 'CARS ' is just out so we sat down to fish'n'chips and a nice family type film. Within 10 minutes of the start a route 66 sign had came up in the film so I had to stop it to tell them all about route 66 . I don't think they where impressed with my in-death knowledge of old highways in foreign lands. The movie ends up being set in a small town that the new motorway has by pasted, has a lot of songs that never meant any thing to me but now I know what the songs are about. No work today so no richer in money but richer in knowledge. Night all :cool:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ahhh,
I still remember when my friend Mike and I were cruising on a warm California evening, just having turned off Route 66 on to Rosemead Blvd. in Pasadena in his mom's '59 Buick convertible. The theme song from the TV series Route 66 came on the radio and I felt that I was in a magical bubble (hey, this was before drugs!) in space/time.
The Mother Road really did capture some essence of America.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I work on RT66 here in OKC. It goes South down Kelley Ave & that is old RT66. I am on it a minimun of 6 times a day. My Dad used to deliver milk up & down RT66 through here. My local Triumph Dealership is on RT66 in Bethany. I was on RT 66 about 15 times yesterday on Bonnie. Every year there is a RT66 Special Event on RT66 with Ham Radio. There are about 20 stations set up from Chicago to California along RT66 making radio contacts around the world. I was the OKC station this year for a couple of hours. Made about 100 contacts.
My life is RT66. But I was born on RT62 in Arkansas.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Bought and still own some property off Route 66 in Kellyville, Oklahoma. Went back an forth a couple of times between California and Oklahoma during the early 70's when I-40 was taking that route over. Blew the engine in my 63 Riviera in Peach Springs, Arizona right after I got out of the USAF on my way back to Oklahoma...the only place in the world where American Express Travelers checks where almost inpossible to cash ( thank god for the Native American gent running the only general store in town).
Now I believe they have an anual Route 66 Run that starts in Seligman and goes to Kingman Az through Peach Springs, with old Classic cars and motorcycles.

Shorty

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.