Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Rotors/sprocket?

677 views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  Guest 
G
#1 ·
Perhaps this belongs in Classifieds, but I need some T3 parts...

Anybody looking to sell a new 16 or 17 tooth sprocket?

How about a pair of floating rotors, new or used (within spec)?

Okay, actually, I have a relevant technical question...

If I was to go from stock gearing of 46/17 (2.71 ratio) to 43/16 (2.69), would I also go from a 114 link chain to a 110? (I'm guessing I wpuldn't even begin to notice the .02 difference in ratio.)

Thanks,
-Kit

#2 ·
Is a 16 tooth front available? A word of caution on reducing the front sprocket size vs. increasing the rear; the sprocket will wear faster and you'll risk interference from a smaller chain-to-swingarm clearance. These are lessons learned from dirt biking, maybe not as critical on a street bike. The more teeth you can put in your driveline the longer it will last.

I switched to a ratio similar to your's, from a 43/17 to 45/17 and love it. Accelerating from stopped is so much better.

G
#3 ·
Huh. I thought the Sprint came stock with 43/16 vs 46/17 for the Trident, but I see now that I'm wrong. The thing that got me thinking bout this was seeing a 16 tooth front on eBay, but that turned out to be a for Bonnie. Looking at the JT Sprockets catalog, I see that the smallest they offer is a 17.

Soooo, never mind!

Thanks for the reply, though.

Cheers,
-Kit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.