Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looked on past threads but could not see any mention of the best rotor puller for a '67 T100. my three legged ones are too big to get behind the rotor unless l take off the front primary sprocket. but you have to get it off to remove the sprocket.Can the hole in the face of the rotor after you remove the nut and tab be tapped and threaded so that a modern rotor remover be screwed in or is the hole too shallow, l though it might be worth a try as it doesn't do anything else or am l barking up the wrong tree, help!.

·
Registered
625 Posts
The rotor should just pull off. It's not that tight a fit on the shaft and is located by a woodruff key. Try 'wiggling' it while pulling on it and it should just slip off. Mine has never given me any difficulty.

Once you get to the front sprocket, I've found that head bolts fit the threaded bosses in it perfectly for using a puller on it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi
Ive just had the same problem on my T100R and got round it by breaking the primary chain and taking it off (fitting a new one anyway), this left just enough room to get the pullers behind the rotor (cheap halfords puller).
The rotor was very tight on the shaft and in the end i heated it up with a electric paint stripper and used lots of WD40. it came off fine then but was also a bugger to put back on when I came to replace the primary.
While here can anyone tell me how much oil I should put in the primary as the manual says in 1970 it went from 1/2 pint to 1/4 pint.
this dont seem much oil to lubricate the primary.
Cheers Alan

·
Registered
625 Posts
While here can anyone tell me how much oil I should put in the primary as the manual says in 1970 it went from 1/2 pint to 1/4 pint.
this dont seem much oil to lubricate the primary.
Cheers Alan
That's because as of 1970 they moved the breather to the primary case, deleted the seal on the end of the crank, and drilled the case between crankcase and primary. 70 and later share oil between primary and crankcase.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi
Cheers for that so I have waisted my time buying 20W for the primary side as I was advised by a good classic triumph shop as it will only mix with the 30W I run in the engine.
Oh well.
Cheers Alan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts