Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know te part numbers are different for the 05-06, 07-08, 09-10 front rotors due to inner ring and wheel changes.
My question is weather or nit the bolt pattern is actually different?
I have a 2010 rim that needs new rotors but most places don't carry anything for that year.
Any help would be awesome.
Btw I'm looking for wave or rounds just not oem necessarily

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
2005-2007, completely different. 2008-2010 (all Brembo caliper equipped pre 2011 bikes) are the same as yours.

Eyeballing a 2011 disc I am pretty sure it still has the same bolt pattern, but discs are thinner.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I know te part numbers are different for the 05-06, 07-08, 09-10 front rotors due to inner ring and wheel changes.
My question is weather or nit the bolt pattern is actually different?
I have a 2010 rim that needs new rotors but most places don't carry anything for that year.
Any help would be awesome.
Btw I'm looking for wave or rounds just not oem necessarily
keep in mind.
you're OEM's are semi float = more brake modulation...and better grab at high speeds that I feel.

going to no float, full stiff rotors will be degrading performance.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm definitely going with a full floating rotor, most likely galfer wave or ebc xc floating discs. Just needed to know why years I can swap cuz nobody carries anything for the 2010. 2008-2009 rotors are easy to find and surprising I can get hi performance falters for cheaper than oem

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
The OEM are semi floating (or rather in practise not-floating as the rivets are very tight). If you get full-floaters, they will rattle and will be more noisy and clickety-clicky than OEM.

Brembo has the T-Drive full floater race discs available for 2008-2010 if you don't mind the added noise and fluctuation:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts