Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Ha, I suppose she never did say it. I can hear it in my mind though. As for the free camera thing, it didn't work in Bourne because it blurred things we did want to see and did work on Private Ryan because it blurred things we didn't want to see.

I have it playing while I am working today. Maybe I'll do Bourne and the Professional later.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
I love Ronin too, The car chases and gun battles are awesome , reminicent of HEAT another fav. Theres also a great car chase gunfight scene in To live and Die in LA. Point Break was good but not in the same stable with Heat and Ronin.I recently rewatched Cape Fear with DeNiro , what an incredible actor he is and then he does Analyze This and Meet The Parents ! The mans a genius.:bow

PS Sean Beans character was well acted especially the arms buy under the bridge scene.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Ha, I suppose she never did say it. I can hear it in my mind though. As for the free camera thing, it didn't work in Bourne because it blurred things we did want to see and did work on Private Ryan because it blurred things we didn't want to see.

LOL...she said "you'll get the money when we get the case"...and after the car chase "Get the f**king case!!"

I think the free camera effect worked so well on Private Ryan because it increased the documentary effect, just like old WWII footage...plus it had that low frame per second look in places.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
I love Ronin too, The car chases and gun battles are awesome , reminicent of HEAT another fav. Theres also a great car chase gunfight scene in To live and Die in LA. Point Break was good but not in the same stable with Heat and Ronin.I recently rewatched Cape Fear with DeNiro , what an incredible actor he is and then he does Analyze This and Meet The Parents ! The mans a genius.:bow

PS Sean Beans character was well acted especially the arms buy under the bridge scene.
If you haven't already though, don't waste your time with Little Fockers. It was terrible! Those are 2 hours I will never get back.

His version of Cape Fear actually had me standing up on the couch at one point. That's never happened to me in any other movie, lol!

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Ok, so I had another car chase movie playing on the side while working, then after realizing I was a little late to get the boy from school I was driving, well not fast, but with purpose if you will. I got to thinking about how 10 or 20 years ago I would have been hauling ass, in and out of traffic after watching something like this. Now, however, I was driving with similar intensity, but moreso intensely watching for other people driving like in these movies.

Probably a combination of defensive riding the bike for last few years and general olderness setting in.

·
Registered
336 Posts
My favorite quote was Sean Bean's question "did you ever kill anybody?" to which DeNiro's character (Sam) replies "I hurt someone's feelings once."
I use this quote all the time when asked about my exploits as a former law enforcement officer. To me, It's a classic line.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts