Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode a 99 speed triple and a new 2006 yesterday. If the S3 brotherhood has a problem with speeding tickets, it has to have a lot to do with the fact that the stock mirrors and bar ends are almost worthless (for checking 6). It's unnatural, unsafe, and uncomfortable to turn around looking for Johnny Law while doing the ton.

Do you all just suffer the consequences as good soldiers of style or is there a mirror fix to be had?

Otherwise, the ride has light nimble handling, predictable, tractable power, and nice ergos.

Zip

[ This message was edited by: zippythehog on 2007-03-10 18:20 ]

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
You rode a speed triple and all ya have to say is the mirrors suck! :???: :razz: :hammer: Mystic Meg sees a Hardley in your future. :-D

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
On 2007-03-10 18:17, zippythehog wrote:
Do you all just suffer the consequences as good soldiers of style or is there a mirror fix to be had?
Zip
If you think the stock mirrors are stylish, well, enough said. Yes 95% of us have changed out the mirrors.

So, why do you ride a Sprint, afraid to get bugs in your teeth? Now that's what I call a soldier of style. :-D

Capt.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Capt. Rat,
My Sprinty is hardly an example of cutting edge streetfighter swassiness...Actually, I ride my Sprint because it makes a good daily rider year round.

I really wasn't impressed by the performance. It met my expectations, but it didn't "knock my socks off." Just a good solid mount. Besides, to address only the good of the bike in here would be like preaching to the choir.

Limey, if I wanted a vintage bike, I wouldn't buy a new Harley. But thanks for the comment, it shows you care.

Zip

[ This message was edited by: zippythehog on 2007-03-11 16:21 ]

·
Registered
97 Posts
I would rather Triumph spend their time engineering the motor, chassis, brakes.......instead of the mirrors. I had TORS with tune and a bar end mirror before I first rode it. Every bike had quirks, if my S3 came with cr*p mirrors as the only quirk I'd say the big T got it right.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Bought my S3 w/ bar-end mirrors already installed by the previous owner, so I suppose I should be thankful that I was spared what must be a traumatic experience. :wink:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think this is being blown out of proportion. I enjoyed my rides on the S3s.

BEE3, I wholeheartedly agree. I was just scouting prospective fixes if I can make the finances work.

Zip

1 - 10 of 10 Posts