Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a chance to ride a 2008 Street Triple....and loved it!

The Pros:
It felt super light--like I was riding nothing. It begs to be thrown into turns and not carressed into it like our Speedy's. It does corner better. It is really the perfect city commute bike.

The Cons:
It lacks the horrendous torque our Speedy's have. I'm all about that.
It wheelies fine though with a heavier snap of the throttle from what I am used to. Higher speeds felt a tad less stable.

Which one do I like better? Hmmm....I really need to get both!
Depends on the ride.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I got a chance to ride one, and they are a fine bike like you said real flickable. I wouldn't consider trading my S3 for one though. The best thing about the 1050 is being able to romp it in any gear and GO.

·
Registered
587 Posts
i initially wanted a Street Triple, but I found the S3 used for a steal, so I got that. The Street is a little more fun in the canyons, but I'm coming from a 76' BMW R60 and then a 06 Thruxton, so I'm very happy with the S3

·
Registered
66 Posts
I considered a Street before i got my Speedy as well but i was coming from a 2008 ZRX1200 so the power was too down on the street for me to live with.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Yes they have less power, but there also a might lighter overall. Had one in my garage last summer for a while, before my son totalled it out. Rode it a few times, and to be honest I really liked it. Engine really likes to rev, lots of torque and it had the wonderful triple howel.
He only weighed a tick over 100 pounds and I am 6'2 tall and weigh 200 pounds. In top gear roll ons he could pull me. His Street was stock, and my Speed had the TOR and tune.
So, that said they are no slouches. Now I could have down shifted and got more in the sweet spot.........I suppose, but then he could have too.
He is looking now for a new Daytona in the spring..........stay tuned for my assessement of that bad boy. LOL

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yea trust me i know the power to weight ratios as i am a specs man so i did all the calcs and it was almost identical in power to weight as my old 1200 BUT and this is a big BUT the torque to weight is down considerably and being able to sit in one gear for km after km on windy twisting mountain roads and just roll on so effortlessly is what i so love about the speedy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts