Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I ride together almost all the time. I have a Corbin seat, The tall Triumph back rest, Rivco passenger floorboards, and progressives. It took all of them to make her comfortable but I have to say that the floorboards did the most good. We have hit the road on several trips over 400 miles a day and she never complains about the ride.

Trapper

·
Registered
430 Posts
Which Corbin seat did you go with? I had the Rumble seat on my Rocket. Looked good and comfortable for me but a narrow board for my wife even with her small behind.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I did the same thing on my bike.

Corbin seat with the oval back rests.
Dual Tour saddle for 2004 - 2006 Triumph Rocket III

This is the link
http://www.corbin.com/triumph/tr3dt.shtml

It is the widest I was able to find at the time. And my wife has a sensitive tuchy.

Rivco passenger floor boards with the extension arms, she has long legs, 5'9.

I did not upgrade the shocks because I did not notice any problem and am unsure what new shocks will do to the ride.

Do they make is a stiffer ride or softer?

[ This message was edited by: Lancelot on 2007-03-06 21:28 ]

·
Registered
255 Posts
I run an 04 with Corbin Dual Tour and standard length 440's. The dual tour is bliss after around 500 miles, a bit like a plank up until then though. I did over 10k last year with my Mrs on the back..Croatia and back and then through France over the Pyrennes and back up through Northern Spain..No comfort problems and many 400+mile days. The Progressives are just more controlled, you feel that they're offering damping when going back not just when springing out so to speak, again though at least 500 miles before they start to work, I DO have issues with the quality of the chrome on the springs, I had to send the first set back and this second set are not too brilliant either, so keep an eye on that if it rains where you are. I'm in the UK so nuff said!
BonnieT

·
Registered
60 Posts
hi, I have the classic solo seat (great for me) but now that I've a lady that want to tour with me I'm in a pickle. Anyone have a better solution than selling the solo seat and buying a dual tour ?.

Other than get rid of the girlfriend that is :)

·
Registered
617 Posts
On 2007-03-07 10:23, Haket2000 wrote:
hi, I have the classic solo seat (great for me) but now that I've a lady that want to tour with me I'm in a pickle. Anyone have a better solution than selling the solo seat and buying a dual tour ?.

Other than get rid of the girlfriend that is :)
You could go back to the stock seat and use an Aqua-aire pad for you and your girlfriend. As much as I like the Corbin Dual Tour that I have, I would not have purchased it if I had known how comfortable the Aqua-aire pad would be. And for just 36 bucks, its one helluva comfort bargain.

·
Registered
617 Posts
On 2007-03-07 14:55, Haket2000 wrote:
Ahhh nice idea, any recommended distributors ?. Do they come in different sizes ?
I forgot who I bought mine from, do a google search and find the best price. I think its all one size, you would need two, one for you and one for passenger.

G

·
Hey Guys, I've got a one-word solution for Momma's comfort.........ButtBuffer. Had one installed in both mine and my woman's seat (stock solo w/ stock pillion) and couldn't be happier. Tried the Triumph gel.......roadass. Tried sheepskin and pads.....roadass. For the $ you can't beat the 'Buffer'. And with it installed IN the seat, you can't tell it's there. Also added a set of boards for Momma's feet........been gettin' good nookie ever since! Ride Free!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts