Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is old news but a quick search here found nothing about this except old reports that the Touring was being discontinued that turned out to be false. ( I also posted this on the R3 Owners forum).

I became suspicious that the R3T might be discontinued when I noticed that it isn't shown on some Triumph websites anymore. But I recently bought the new book, Triump: The Art of the Motorcycle by Nick Bloor and he writes that the R3T has been discontinued as of 2017. Being the CEO, he should know. The note of it's end of production is on page 155 in the caption for the picture of the R3T.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My understanding is that the rocket 3 failed to meet euro emissions.. And production has ceased.
Still selling off inventory... Not making it public for fear of scaring off potential buyers is my guess...
Someone mentioned to me that a rocket 4 might be in the works with 2400-2500cc, electronic throttle with Cruise...
I can't confirm that tho.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
My understanding is that the rocket 3 failed to meet euro emissions.. And production has ceased.
Still selling off inventory... Not making it public for fear of scaring off potential buyers is my guess...
Someone mentioned to me that a rocket 4 might be in the works with 2400-2500cc, electronic throttle with Cruise...
I can't confirm that tho.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
They’re not selling 2018 Rockets in the UK. They are selling R3R in the US. They’re calling it a 2018 model. It’s probably illegal to pass off a 2017 as a 2018. What they will do next year is anyone’s guess. One thing for sure is that there are no 2018 TBirds for sale in the US but there are in the UK.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts