Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at picking up a new Rocket Roadster. Has anyone tried replacing the handlebars with something that pulls them back a bit more toward the rider? At 5'8", would like to pick up an inch of reach.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Looking at picking up a new Rocket Roadster. Has anyone tried replacing the handlebars with something that pulls them back a bit more toward the rider? At 5'8", would like to pick up an inch of reach.
check out Rivco Risers on- new Bonneville Accessorys -web site I think they are up a inch and Back 2 inches,that should do the trick! I have them on my 2008 Rocket III.also they work with stock cables.you just reroute them!

·
Registered
364 Posts
roadwarrior:
Welcome to the forum.

What charlie said. The rivco risers make a significant difference in comfort to us "vertically challenged" Rocket riders. They are not expensive and do not require new cables. For us (5'7") the rivcos improve comfort considerably.

We trudge on.

·
Registered
690 Posts
thought maybe we'd see some pics when I first saw the thread title.
Rivco's are a "little" improvement for sure,
but I didn't like the "feel" of the bicycle bars anyway,
so I went a different route.

these are 5" up & back, with a set of harley roadking bars.
I did have to have a new front brake line made up,
but everything else just got rerouted.
Here's the view from the seat.

The Triclops should really take on a different look
once I get my springer mounted up front.

·
Registered
102 Posts
So far good ain't got the power the rocket has but still good enough for me skip u come to Maggie valley in spring ull get to see them hopefully have the stage 1 kit in by then

·
Registered
272 Posts
Try a set of the Classic pull back bars 07 or newer Classic came with them. I have a set on my 06 and love them. My 05 has the rivco risers on her they work but looks like you have some barn yard engineer designed them.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Warp,
as mine are the only pictures posted,
you must be referring to my temporary headlight mount.
barnyard engineer, naw, more like redneck engineer.:D
it worked, and was just fixing to be redone to a more permanent
mount, till I decided to go another direction with the springer.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Warp,
as mine are the only pictures posted,
you must be referring to my temporary headlight mount.
barnyard engineer, naw, more like redneck engineer.:D
it worked, and was just fixing to be redone to a more permanent
mount, till I decided to go another direction with the springer.
SKip I just noticed your post and you are wrong just because you posted a picture on you bike with no Rivco risers I can not see why you think I was talking about your bike. some one mentioned the rivco risers and sense my other bike has them on it I posted what I thought they looked like on a Rocket. in fact if Gracie did not have the cockpit Gman designed on it they would look worse on her. Most Rockets I have seen that have no windshield they stand out worse. Of course this is my opinion which Roadwarrior needs to see some of them so he can form his opinion. Especially a rocket with no fly screen or windshield unless he plans on having some type of shield on his then they are not so bad looking. they do function well. I personally like the Classic pull back bars but it is also worth mentioning that they turn in a little more and are about a inch or so narrower then the standard bars. I like that but some people say it hurts their wrist. I am 5'10" so that also might be different. But then so does the seating posture has a lot to do with how both style bars feel and fit.

Now as for the looks of your bike IMO you have gone your own way, and at the same time have made the bike theft proof to boot :eek:

·
Registered
690 Posts
Warp,
thanks for the explanation.
Just use to somebody else dogging me about my homemade stuff.
(an you know who, but i sure wasn't comparing YOU with him)
Just use to getting dogged that's all.
I would have had the springer on by now,
but I had a funeral to ride in today,
and didn't want to take the chance of not having it back together.
I already know I'm gonna need to make 2 half inch spacers and caliper brackets,
think I'll incorporate both into one item, but as you know,
everything takes at least twice as long as you figure it will
and I figure it's a couple of days job to do it right.
But she should be different when I get her done.;)
i'd love to get a Carpenter kit, but somebody else you know,
and me don't see eye to eye, so that's out....:(
Guess I'll just have to stick with what I can do, and body modifications.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts