Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After careful consideration and looking around I picket up a new 2008 Classic today. I logged 3.4 miles at the dealer in El Dorado Springs, MO. The roads were cold and dry. Ice n snow on the side of the road in patches. Nice dealer. Whow, do they stock part and goodies for Triumph. Most everything you might need and more. Makes other dealers look skimpy on invontory of accessories.
With my test run I found that it shifted very nice with no problems. It was way better shifting than the Rocket I demoed back in the summer. But I had no problem shifting the demo. The industrial engine sound sure is diffrent. I eased up to 60 mph in a strong buffing type cross wind and with the 700 pounds on the road she held stead. Nice!
The dealer helped me load the Rocket on my trailor and away I went back home.

Odie :)

·
Registered
617 Posts
Congrats Odie! One of the many joys of the Rocket is how it handles strong winds, doesn't faze it at all, cross or headwind. Its fun on a windy day blasting past some poor shmuck holding a death grip afraid to go even the speed limit.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Big smiles & happy miles to you Odie. I know exactly what you're talking about since I too am a new Rocket owner. I road mile 100 miles in the Columbia River Gorge of Oregon last weekend where the winds are always 40-50 mph. Not even a wiggle as I crossed the 300 mile mark on the odometer. It's 30 degrees this morning & I can't wait to get out there again. Shoot, it's supposed to be sunny with blue skies. Who cares about the freezing temperatures? Good luck on your new ride.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a bunch

I am enjoying the Rocket. It handles real good. Very little effort to turn. It seems like I can lean in the corners with little energy from my part. Might get a nice ride this coming weekend. It is going to be nice out, 50 F for high. Nice for winter!

odie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts