Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a bunch of pics from the Rockers VS. Mods event in San Diego this weekend.

It was a great ride.....probably about 100 bikes or so. Lot's of vintage stuff and cool modern stuff also.

I'll leave these up until the thread dies off, then I'll remove 'em.

Enjoy.

JOHN

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, ok, ok......some more. :-D

Note the can of Carb Cleaner to help start this hot scooter..... :roll:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Great pics...looked like a nice turnout.

I am curious if the local scooter club "the Pharaohs" was there?
I think I spy Herb from S.D.'s Lambretta......

Were there many scooters?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Awesome photo's...I'd need to upgrade the memory in my camera for a event like that :)

Some very nice machines...Hey...how about that scooter with the built in carb cleaner, and custom seat!

I have as of yet to be at a event with such a large count of Brit Iron, hoping to make it to Mid Ohio this year.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tham,

Yea, we hooked up with a bunch of the scooter guys at the end...... A lot of Vespas & Lambrettas. I'm not sure which clubs were there.

There was a couple of the Pee-Wee Herman replicas with 30 mirrors and 15 horns on it...... :razz:

You can check out some more photos here:

http://www.tonup.com/

The 2006 Pics aren't up yet, but I am sure they will be within the next few days.

JOHN

·
Registered
476 Posts
Awesome John.....there are a great bunch of scooterists that roll around the San Diego area.
The "Herb" that I mentioned,logs maaaaaaannnny miles on his Lambretta.

Fun stuff....great bikes .....I am digging the Duc.. (not a big fan of Ducatis ....but that bike is a ballsy move!)

The Triumph bobber right underneath it is absolutely brilliant.

And the Norton.......well.......I may have just wet myself...

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Troy,

It's an entirely different gauge mount on there with new gauges also.

The owner of this bike likes it "clean & simple" and that it is.

This aftermarket mount flattens out the gauges and looks really sharp.

JOHN

·
Registered
68 Posts
The gauge pod on that thruxton looks like D9's handiwork. I think the speedo, if it is the one i'm thinking of, has small led's in it that replace all the stock indicators. makes for a very clean installation as john stated above.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
The green Commando Fastback is righteous. It amazes me how may of those old Nortons are still around.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts