Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2008 Bonneville and I installed the Triumph raodster windscreen. The buffeting is tremendous! I feel like I've been kicked in the head after about and hour on the highway. I've heard that the "lowers" which attach to the forks limit the updraft and greatly reduce the buffeting effects. Does anybody know where I can get these?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah...kinda defeats the purpose. It's a weird effect, sorta kicks my head around...some call it "head-shake". The wind coming over the screen hits near the top of my helmet. That's why adding the lowers makes some sense. Updraft-plus-overdraft-equals-buffeting...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yeah, I saw that one...I've read most of the threads. One had a picture of the "lowers" and described exactly my situation...said it fixed it. Look up "windscreen buffeting" and see how many people have the complaint. You'd think Triumph would capitalize on a solution. I've spent over $400 to reduce my winter wind problem...only to create another one.

·
Registered
8,872 Posts
how tall are you? you have to have the screen tall enough ,dont think lowers will help you.I have a summer screen on my bike and its just right for me wind goes over the top of my head.Maybe you sitting up to stright ,try leaning down see if that helps.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Are any of the wind screens tha you guys are talking about quick release? When I am just tooling around town I like the way may Bonnie looks without a screen. If I am going to do any distance or higher speed riding I would like to have a screen. My friend has a Memphis Shade on his Yamaha that comes off in a jiffy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is the factory windscreen. I contacted Memphis. They don't do the lowers but have a universal-type item that is quick release. Once installed, I can get my screen off with only four bolts, so that's not a plus for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts