Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting the Roadster screen for my Bonneville.

Is this screen easy to put on and off?
I'm only thinking about putting them on for long rides...

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have one, it's not really easy to completely remove. Basically there are 4 brackets, two are easy to mount but the other two are a minor pain. If you remove the shield without taking off the two long chrome supports it looks like the bike has a pair of chrome antenna!

Don't get me wrong, it can be done, but for me it's not worth the trouble.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, thanks.
That's kind of what I was afraid of.

Maybe I should look for more of a quick release type system!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'd say about 10-30 minutes on or off if you leave the lower black brackets in place, depending on what sockets, extensions, etc. are in your toolbox.
IMHO the Roadtster screen is about 2 inches short of optimal for riding.
If I had it to do over, I'd check out what my dealer lists as "Quick Release Longhaul" windscreen (A9708204), to check for height (Roadster is 16 1/4") and detachability.
Let us know what works for you.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
David06>

That quick release longhaul screen does look interesting.
But what a price!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I believe Givi may makes a few screens that may work out for you? I've seen pictures on the Norman Hyde site but you can buy direct from your dealer in the States. I've considered the large screen that you see on the bike that Norman is sitting on. I am not sure if that one is quick release or not?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I'd say about 10-30 minutes on or off if you leave the lower black brackets in place, depending on what sockets, extensions, etc. are in your toolbox.
IMHO the Roadtster screen is about 2 inches short of optimal for riding.
If I had it to do over, I'd check out what my dealer lists as "Quick Release Longhaul" windscreen (A9708204), to check for height (Roadster is 16 1/4") and detachability.
Let us know what works for you.

I have the roadster screen and I believe you're right on about it being 2 inches short of optimal. I have been toying with the idea of a replacement using the same brackets, Clearview Shields makes them and they have an 18.5 inch screen. Its been a year since I checked their site and the price went up $40. Don't procrastinate I guess is the moral.

http://clearviewshields.com/shop/product.php?id=59

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quick Release Longhaul Screen

I've got a 2001 bonneville with the summer screen, and am debating as to whether to get the taller screen from Clearview that will fit the summer screen brackets or spend a little more on the Quick Release Longhaul Screen. Does anyone know how tall the Longhaul is, and/or if it will fit a 2001 bonneville? Does anyone on here actually have one?

Thanks!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm thinking about the quick-release summer screen or longhaul screen for my 09 Bonnie. I cannot find any photo or description of how they are attached to the bike.

Anyone help?

DaveO

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ended up getting the Plexifairing GT from NationalCycle.com for my 2001 Bonnie. Much less expensive than the Triumph shields, and it does wonders for longer or chillier rides. Takes about 10 seconds to remove or re-attach. Very well designed!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts