Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a post I lifted from another site I use, read & sign the petition & then pass it on to everyone else you know.

Otherwise the government will say no one complained.

Democracy in action?
The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you having to purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it. The tracking device will cost about £200 and in a recent study by the BBC, the lowest monthly bill was £28 for a rural florist and £194 for a delivery driver. A non working Mum who used the car to take the kids to school paid £86 in one month. On top of this massive increase in tax, you will be tracked. Somebody will know where you are at all times. They will also know how fast you have been going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit you can expect an NIP with your monthly bill.
If you care about our freedoms and stopping the constant bashing of the car driver, please sign the petition on No 10's new website http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/

Alan

·
Registered
257 Posts
If this is all about road congestion , then how can they charge bikes? more like a money making exercise same as the speed cameras.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Maybe not in this form but the idea is repugnant. Anything that can be done to stop road charging should be done.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Don't forget folks. the government have been forced to admit ,that there is going to be a tracking chip in the proposed ID cards, that will be read by roadside scanners , then you enter a public building, Private copmanies (shops etc) will be able purchase the technology.
welcome to the totalitarian state of great Britain
Makes you wonder why our fathers/ grand fathers fought 2 world wars in name of freedom & to fight tyranny!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Posted mine but I can't see how they plan to charge bikes. But I suppose they wil find xome weak excuse like they overtake us in traffic jams or something!!! :hammer: :hammer:

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Reduce polution ban China Usa India and any other country that does not support the enviromental change policys to prevent global warming with the indescriminate use of fossil fuels, oh and ban Volcano's too bloody poluting Bastids

·
Registered
491 Posts
Couldn't agree more - quite what the UK can achieve alone I don't see. The US, China, India and Middle East are far greater polluters and even if we got rid of all the cars on the roads over here it really wouldn't make that big a difference globally.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
On 2007-01-01 14:30, martinyoung wrote:
Couldn't agree more - quite what the UK can achieve alone I don't see. The US, China, India and Middle East are far greater polluters and even if we got rid of all the cars on the roads over here it really wouldn't make that big a difference globally.
Leading by example? I know it's a weak argument, but it's a valid one. We would drown in the rising sea levels with a clear conscience.. ??!!? :(

·
Registered
509 Posts
they should stop bikes that seem to be parked and wrapped up sitting in bays in central london. its like free storage or something... fair enough if its a resident but then there should be resident parking and general parking as with cars. Id love to see scooter bays and motorbike bays :) the major influx of scooters can fight over thier space while the level bikers can just continue as before. I think its a right mess and to be honest, one way or other the answer will be *****, and we'll all feel like were getting it in the a4se. nothing new there then...
Then we'll be charged congestion, then we'll be banned from filtering... still enjoy it people, its not long now till all of it will be redundant. "Petrol? petrol dad? you used to drive petrol??" "yeah son... those were the days..." your beloved bike will end up a huge paper-weight :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Heard the news today,over one million signatures.Just possible the goverment may listen for once.

Anyone else want to sign?
Theres a link in Badgers original post,on page one.

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
The Govt mighty Peed off with itself for even putting the online petition thing together. As for not doing anything about emmisions cos of China and India etc. Don't do it for that reason then.

Instead Insulate your house cos it'll save you money.
Replace all your bulbs with LE ones as that will save you money in the longer run also.
Switch off your appliances rather than leave em on standby cos ....yep you guessed it it'll save you money.
Get a combi or condensing boiler. Yes It will cost to start with but it will save money in the longer run.
Use your pins or a pushbike for short journeys as that will.......drum roll......save you money and get you fitter.
Use the train for holidays to European citys. Won't save you money or time but you will see a lot more of the places you travel through and you can walk about on the journey and chill out a bit (very important for us 6footers)
Try growin some veg in your garden. Its easy and tastes better than the Gm modified perfectly shaped tasteless ***** that Tescos etc punt out.

Do all that and you will have more to spend on your bike,
You'll see more of the planet on your travels, eat better and get fitter.

And for those of us that are trying to do something you'll be helping us too. If everyone took the measures I've suggested then all those little steps would add up to one big change. And you don't have to do em cos the green lobby told you too. Do it because it'll benefit you!

:smug:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts