Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Folks,

Was wondering if anyone is familiar with the RKA brand of tankbag. I am looking at either the 16 or 19l version of their IN-Charge series.
Any information would be appreciated.
Would be appreciative if you had posted pictures or links the product you're asking about.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Sincity,

I have looked at the RKA stuff it is really nice. Made in the USA everything plugs into it and it has a ram mount. The bag I looked at was all decked out with the zumo, starcom1, and a radio. All the stuff was nicely done in it. I would say you would be happy with this bag.

In the end I used the bags connection bag. But the RKA stuff is really nice.

gary

Oh Kory, try using google, rka tankbag pulls up their site.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Sincity,

What I really like about the bags connection is the easy on easy off of the bag. Pull a cord and tilt and the bag slides off, reverse and click it is back on. Makes removing the bag several times a day to fill the tank much easier. I just pull the bag set it on my seat and fill. It is a plus that the bag does not touch the tank. The do electrical bags as well and they are just as easy on, easy off.

Now the ram mount on the RKA bag is very cool, but the bag is held on by straps. I don't know if they do a magnetic set up or not. I also like the fact that the map window on the bag can be changed if, or I guess when it gets scratched. The ram set up is much cheaper than the added arm on the bags connection system.

Either way they are both really good bags.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Bags connection all the way. The tank ring set up is so slick and it's a snap to energize for accessories. I don't like paint destroying straps or the pain the would be on long trips when fueling up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you want the electronics, the RKA is a slamdunk, either prebuilt-to-your specs, or DIY.
The straps DO NOT scratch your tank unless you're doing it wrong. To re-fuel, it's only necessary to loosen or unsnap one strap and slide the bag over.
It's dirt simple to switch the bag between various bikes you use (say "click" three times).
The mapcase is large enough to handle a full section of most road maps without additional folding, and rips right off to take inside to study over a cup of coffee. Mounting the RAM on the front of the bag adds a degree of shock-absorption to prolong the GPS' life. When removing your expensive stuff for security's sake, it's only one wire to unplug for the entire set-up -- all the rats's nest of wiring is compacted inside the bag, and once configured doesn't ever need untangling. Extra lead out of the bag for yuour electric vest? It's right there. Cellphone charger? It's in there, and connected to your electronics or not -- your choice.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Bags connection all the way. The tank ring set up is so slick and it's a snap to energize for accessories. I don't like paint destroying straps or the pain the would be on long trips when fueling up.
+1
After having gone through 2 triumph OEM tankbag/tankbra sets (A9518017) I swopped for BC sports engaged.
Though I still got the OEM tankbra, rain cover, & map pocket left over after the last exchange (ebay cometh :D)

I do wonder how much FARKLE bounce/vibration there would be with the gizmos on the RKA bag due to it not having a rigid mount from the bike

·
Super Moderator
21,187 Posts

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Peirre,

I talked to Richard at RKA, and he said that the Gizmo's attached to the bag are held in place firmly enough.
Heck, most sensitive electronic devices installed in aircraft are mounted using "shock mounts" that dampen short duration, high G loads to those boxes.
Anyway, I ordered my bag today. After I get it installed and use it for a while, I'll be sure to post my impressions.
Again, thanks for the inputs folks.:thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts