Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a fair amount of research on getting the Rizoma Club S/L to work with the running light feature on a T120 but I haven't been able to get full instructions.

I bought the Club S for the rear and Club L for the front and I also bought their flasher relay (EE031) as well as a couple of their connectors (EE082).

I think the rear is pretty straight forward where I probably just need to do one splice to get the taillight/brake light to both turn signals from the stock harness.

The front seems to be a little more complicated with the turn signal part pretty plug and play but I'm not sure how to get the running lights hooked up. Since the headlight has Daytime Running Lights I'm assuming that once I open up the headlight and take a look at the wiring I just need to splice the wire for the DRL to also feed the wire on the Rizoma Club L. If anyone had gotten this part to work I would love to hear how you did it.

The last piece is the new Flasher Relay which "should be" the easy park and completely plug and play... However, I can't for the life of me find where the stock relay is on the bike, can anyone point me in the right direction.

I'm waiting on a new rear fender and license plate holder so I'm a few days away from starting this project so any last minute help would be appreciated.

I'll post pictures and descriptions on what I did when I'm done.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, turn signals.

I'm doing the Rizoma Club S for the rear and the Rizoma Club L for the front.

Sorry, I didn't make up the names...

·
Registered
2012 Street Triple R 2016 Thruxton R
2,083 Posts
FYI ... All the new 2016 water cooled Triumph twins do not have a 'typical' relay like most bikes... They have an electronic 'built-in' relay system for the turn indicators... (So that theoretically means you don't need that Rizoma extra relay you purchased.) Instead, you need to go into the computer system and set the flash rate to 'Type-2', 'Type-3', etc. Don't worry, it's very easy to do. You just turn the ignition key to 'On' and press the 'i' button in a specific sequence... The instructions are posted on here somewhere. And on triumphinstructions.com ... Just enter part # A9838023 ... It's for the Triumph brand LED indicators, but it shows you the instructions for setting the flash rate that works best for your blinkers... Might be a little more tricky for the front, since you want to have them on as running lights as well. Cheers.

Reactions: SaturdaysWrench

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FYI ... All the new 2016 water cooled Triumph twins do not have a 'typical' relay like most bikes... They have an electronic 'built-in' relay system for the turn indicators... (So that theoretically means you don't need that Rizoma extra relay you purchased.) Instead, you need to go into the computer system and set the flash rate to 'Type-2', 'Type-3', etc. Don't worry, it's very easy to do. You just turn the ignition key to 'On' and press the 'i' button in a specific sequence... The instructions are posted on here somewhere. And on triumphinstructions.com ... Just enter part # A9838023 ... It's for the Triumph brand LED indicators, but it shows you the instructions for setting the flash rate that works best for your blinkers... Might be a little more tricky for the front, since you want to have them on as running lights as well. Cheers.

Huge help, very much appreciate the reply, no wonder I couldn't find the "stock relay"... Now all I need is to figure out the front running light hook up...

·
Registered
898 Posts
When you ditch the OE tail light which has PCB fitted and keep the standard bayonet type globe., not LED then the indicators don't work at all. Even after selecting different oprions in the menu section

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Huge help, very much appreciate the reply, no wonder I couldn't find the "stock relay"... Now all I need is to figure out the front running light hook up...
I've got the same set of lights inbound for my T120. Did you manage to get the running lights working on the front signals?

Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I decided not to connect the running lights as I went with a yellow headlight and didn't want the multi colored look. Should be fairly easy thought. You just need to find the running light wire in the headlight and either splice or use some quick connect to attach them. The lights are awesome.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I decided not to connect the running lights as I went with a yellow headlight and didn't want the multi colored look. Should be fairly easy thought. You just need to find the running light wire in the headlight and either splice or use some quick connect to attach them. The lights are awesome.
Thanks, @wapstar.

For the next person who comes along...

Assuming a USA headlight with no Daytime Running Lights switch on the bar controls, there are two wire plugs that go into the actual headlight inside the bucket. The lower plug is for the "position" light. I tapped into the yellow wire. Works great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts