Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the Rizoma Brake Reservoir work on a 2001 Bonneville? If anyone has successfully performed this "transplant" I'd like to see a picture of the finished product. Thanks.

·
Banned
1,342 Posts
On 2007-01-28 11:57, Fuzzyface wrote:
noticed this a few days ago (7th picture down)...
http://www.triumphrat.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Forum&file=viewtopic&topic=69537&forum=41
That's a Thruxton in the picture and swapping a Rizoma alum reservoir is pretty much a bolt on on the Thrux. ggRat was asking about installing the rizoma piece on a STANDARD Bonnie.

ggRAT please let me know if you find out something away from this thread - as I'm interested in the 'transplant' as well.

[ This message was edited by: Bonafide on 2007-01-28 13:16 ]

·
Registered
666 Posts
You would have to change out the master cylinder/control unit to one that uses a remote reservoir me thinks. Maybe put a Thurx one on or some aftermarker unit.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vertwerks, I think you're right about having to replace the control unit, but if I find out differently (or confirm), I'll post it. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
You will have to swap to the Thruxton control unit because the Bonnie has a single cast piece.

·
Registered
31 Posts
On 2007-01-28 13:15, Bonafide wrote:
That's a Thruxton...ggRat was asking about installing the rizoma piece on a STANDARD Bonnie.
ya...i know...however as others have stated using some thruxton parts would help

·
Banned
1,342 Posts
On 2007-01-29 22:51, Fuzzyface wrote:

ya...i know...however as others have stated using some thruxton parts would help
Not some of the parts - ALL the Thruxton parts. It's easier to give tech advice when you actually have some experience with the bike in question ... :hammer:

I know you're just trying to help, but you're not.

·
Registered
31 Posts
my first post was a link to a pic. that is it. no how to. no this is what i did. that being said, if trying to help and offering constructive suggestions are not appreciated i will be sure to not make the same mistake again.
what i find interesting is that you clearly assume experience is based on current ownership. if voicing opinions and possible suggestions are not welcome on this forum, perhaps i will discontinue using it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts