Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just fitted a set of the Rivco Risers to my 06 Rocket..Absolutely awsome..:D It has made so much difference to my lower back and my ass when on the long rides...Being 6'3 and 290 lbs my lower back and butt suffered on the long hauls:eek: but since putting these on it has made so much difference...You tend to sit more upright..You still get sore but nothing like i use to..Bike feels a little strange after you fit them but you get use to them very quickly..So to any of you big fella's out there i highly recommend them..They bring the bars up an inch and back 2 inches..:):D

·
Banned
557 Posts
Always interested in learning how other above average folks improve their Rocket quality time.

One inch up and two inches back - any problems with cable length? Is it as straight forward as it appears to replace? Would three inch pullback be too much?

·
Registered
876 Posts
With stock handlebars, the RIVCO risers are supposed to go on with out having to change cables. I do believe the throttle cables need to be re-routed though, but it should be a straight forward installation.. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Risers

TallRocket...Pretty easy straightforward job to fit..Little bit of messin but bugger all..Took us about an hour..No cable changing..Like TBSRider2000 said there is a bit of re routing but nothing much..It just feels so much better to ride now..You dont lean forward as much..Hence your back is more upright..:D

·
Registered
617 Posts
I'm going to install the Rivco risers also. Seems to me all that needs to be done is put the clutch cable behind the triple tree instead of in front of it. No need to detach, just take off the triple tree.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Didnt take triple tree off..Just undid clutch and throttle at handle bars and re routed...Piece of cake...

·
Registered
14 Posts
rivco risers: great

have rivco risers on my RIII. They are a great improvement in seating position. Did not require change of brake line or cable.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Good Investment

Got 'em and really enjoy 'em !!!!

Cheers !!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Tank Lift

Can't speak for everybody, but yes, the tank tab does clear the bars/riser combination when getting ready to use the tank rod.

Cheers !!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One quick question, will the tank come up like before. Just take out the bolt and lift?
Dave
06 Classic R&W
Just found out my tank won't clear the tank :confused: Only misses by a couple of mil..Think i will just file the front of the tab off square
..Think i can still do it and make it look neat..

·
Registered
180 Posts
I just installed the Rivco Riser kit on my Rocket 3 Classic. I logged over 200 miles this past weekend with them. Nice improvement. It brought the bar grips back to me and I am not reaching as much for them. Better on my back.

It seems that stock bikes are geared for a one set up fits all. I am seeing more and more that isn't true. That is why we change out and adjust the riding set up to fit our body frame and style of riding.
I was in one of Triumphs competitor show room admiring their bikes when I overheard a salesman say to a customer "the way these bikes are set up is the best riding position for the road". I noticed that all the bikes on the floor were setup about the same. I though if that's true, then why do may bikers end up changing a good bit of the stock set up on a bike to fit their needs. It's not true that one bike fits all.

odie

·
Premium Member
4,788 Posts
They aren't offering you extra discounts to post glowing testimonials here, are they? It's beginning to look a little suspicious.

As many of you as seem to be buying them this year, you'd think they could afford to ADVERTISE with us at long last....

·
Registered
532 Posts
Guys,

For a credit crunch solution you could just drop the stock bars a little.:)

When I picked up my new RIII about three weeks ago, the dealership had the bars set to some sort of factory default setting, that meant that I was riding along the motorway like some kind of demented fruit bat - arms permanently stretched out, etc.

After removing the clocks, and slackening the four handlebar clamp bolts, I dropped them by about 15 / 20mm. No big deal, just watch out that on full lock that the grips / cables don't make contact with the tank (talking of which it's a good idea to wrap a beach towel around it before you start).

Re-torque the bar clamp bolts (26 Nm up to VIN 241569, and 45 Nm from VIN 241570 onwards), note: tighten the front first then the rear. For touring models the torque is much less @ 15 Nm.

If you have a fuel gauge or clock fitted, you will probably need to slacken the clamps on these as they will most likely be pointing down too much now, and conversely you'll need to slacken the mirror clamps in order to move them up slightly.

I found this worked (for me) really well and the proof is in the pudding when it came to slow speed manoeuvres, the bike is much easier to handle now, before it felt like I was Edward Scissor hands...

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
125 Posts
Rivco Risers: Discounts?

OK, I want the Rivco risers for my R3T, but I don't want to pay $180+.

Anyone know how to get a discount for Rivco products? Members of certain sites and groups often receive on-line coupons for 10% off.

And before anyone states the obvious---yes, I'm extremely cheap...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts