Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Standing in line waiting for a special Item?

I stood in line at Toys R Us for the "Midnight Madness" sales for the last three Star Wars movies ( When the new product for the new film is released )...:cool:

What sucked is Walmart and Target also had a "Midnight Madness" sale the same night...so I had to fight the crowds at all three stores...:eek:

Granted nobody was getting shot or beat down for the Jar Jar Binks figure...but it was still pretty hectic...;):D

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=star+wars+midnight+madness&oq=star+wars+midnight+madness&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=6119l12866l0l15057l26l23l0l8l8l0l277l2462l2.8.5l15l0

·
Banned
277 Posts
I don't live close to any of those places and certainly cannot fathom standing in line for that stuff. It isn't even just the Air Jordans, I forgot if anyone mentioned the pepper-spraying incidents at a black friday sale in California, where some woman pepper sprayed a crowd to get an xbox, or the near riot in Houston, I think, where some old guy was trying to rescue his grandson from the crush and got knocked out by a rent a cop accusing him of stealing (I think an xbox again), or the people, I forget where, who were robbed of their stuff in the parking lot after they fought the crowds to get it.
I"m not one to talk tho, when I got home from the hot springs yesterday, and was out of beer, I was definitely ready to go do some looting down at the local liquor store.
Oh, and TIE, did you get your UCS Imperial shuttle while it was on sale, I was browsing the lego site and saw its back up to full price.

·
Premium Member
5,053 Posts
Sorry but around my family and friends this would be considered absurd! There is absolutely no need to spend that kind of money on any piece of clothing.
The motivation and psychology behind that woould make for an even better conversation around here.
You may very well be right. All I'm saying is keep the discussion about the behavior, not the people.

Edit: I have more resources than a lot of people and when I spread the wealth I like to include myself. The world is full of luxury, poverty and everything in between. Everyone makes their own personal decisions about whether or not they care and/or what they want to do about it.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
I just got back with my shoes!!....they frickin' rock, and I look very cool wearing them...now, if I can just dig up some money to pay the rent...????

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
I just got back with my shoes!!....they frickin' rock, and I look very cool wearing them...now, if I can just dig up some money to pay the rent...????
Hey! Those were my shoes! Why, I oughta...:gooff

:cussing :kick

·
Registered
442 Posts
You may very well be right. All I'm saying is keep the discussion about the behavior, not the people.

Edit: I have more resources than a lot of people and when I spread the wealth I like to include myself. The world is full of luxury, poverty and everything in between. Everyone makes their own personal decisions about whether or not they care and/or what they want to do about it.
Not trying to pick on you just an observation from a diferent standpoint.
I'm not rich but can afford some luxuries. I just never understood the concept in paying so much for clothing that in the long run isnt really much if any better than what everyone else gets.
Maybe I'm missing something but clothing just never felt like an item i could use to spoil myself with.
Now on the other hand the 8 motorcycles in my garage could be considered absurd, unnessasary and self indulgant but hey we are all different!:D

·
Premium Member
5,053 Posts
No, I understand. We all have different tastes and values but I think the one thing we share, to one degree or another is a little self indulgence now and then.

·
Premium Member
20,739 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,150 Posts
I remember driving my daughter to Adelaide to buy the latest Harry Potter book. On the way into town my daughter's progressively freaking out about how late we were, & how long the lines were going to be. So as we're driving past Elizabeth (Adelaide's poorest/roughest suburb) I pulled into the shopping centre saying "There'll be no lines here. Everyone in Elizabeth's illiterate". A shocking generalisation, I know. But you know what? There wasn't one person in line, & a table stacked high with books!

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
TIE, did you get your UCS Imperial shuttle while it was on sale, I was browsing the lego site and saw its back up to full price.
I have the regular size LEGO shuttle and the mini one...the UCS stuff is just too expensive and too friggen big to display...

I stopped getting them after the UCS TIE Interceptor...

·
Banned
277 Posts
I have the regular size LEGO shuttle and the mini one...the UCS stuff is just too expensive and too friggen big to display...

I stopped getting them after the UCS TIE Interceptor...

So I guess the Super Star Destroyer is a no go for you?
I wanted to get one, thought it would look great hanging from the ceiling, but it is expensive. Oh, and I'm also aligned with the other guys. For Christmas, I got the Lightning McQueen ultimate build set, it comes with gold rimmed wheels for a limo project I'm working on.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts