Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inspired by Pat’s BonnieRed I order from dunstangraffix at eBay red rim stripes tailor-cut for to my Bonnie at no extra cost. First quality material

This is the result:

WARNING: DON’T TRY THIS AT HOME
(at least if your skills are as good as mine :wink: )

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately this story didn’t finish well.

Some 100 meters after I left the dealer’s (he set the stripes) I missed a road, stopped and as I was going to start and turn, thinking I was in first gear, I was in neutral…
Result: I played the FOOL and down went my dearest Bonnie… :hammer:
… and I. :mad:
Damage to the bike was restricted to just a few scratches in the L.H. rearview mirror. Fortunately I have the engine dresser bars on. Nothing else touched the ground. May be they don’t look that good but they work marvelously. The bike came to a rest on the dresser bars (without a single scratch on them) and on the lever of the center stand. Not even the handlebar end touched the ground. Good investment!

As for me:
A TERRIBLE pain in my left hand.
I went back to the dealer and he inspected the bike and checked that there was no damage. Happy with the outcome I rode home trying to ignore the increasing pain in my hand.

After I arrived home I took the pictures you see above.

By then the pain was becoming intolerable and I went to the Hospital for some X-Rays:
Result: Hand broken in two parts aggravated by the effort of lifting up the bike alone (I was so furious with myself that at the time I didn’t feel any pain)

Here is my left arm at this moment

Conclusion: I’m grounded until the end of December, which by itself is not that big a problem: I can live well without a bunch of de-icings, slots, low visibility delaying procedures etc. etc. :wink:
The bad news: This was my last ride of 2006 :brk:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Sorry to hear, besides your obvious survival, look on the bright side of things; your ride is in great shape!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I mount mine the same way when I dont have the hepco's and mounting rail's on the bike. I loop the strap's over the frame just under the seat. Sadly it's about the only functional place to install the bag.

No room elsewhere except hanging off the gauge cluster ontop the headlight.

I like the stripes on the rim, it's a good look. I'd prolly do it to my bike if it wasnt black.

[ This message was edited by: SCCTrim on 2006-11-30 19:05 ]

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Oh my GOD! I am soooo sorry.

As I was admiring your pictures earlier today, the stripes on your wheels, the toolbag, and your Heritage tank badge.... so also was I checking out your engine guards. "Interesting" I thought, "...mounted that high, about mid-bike...."
Well,
it appears as though it MORE than just did it's job! Very cool.

But the pain of it all, the embarrassment of mistaking neutral for first (we've ALL done it) and to such a clean machine! But that bandaged hand!?!?!?! I feel so badly for you, but the bike survived all that trauma????

Engine guards, and protective gear..... there isn't protective gear enough to protect us from ourselves when we sacrifice our own good for the good of our passion. Man, THAT is one sweet bike you and your guards sacrificed themselves for!

Heal well, that first gear will soon be your's again.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On 2006-11-30 19:53, n578md wrote:
... Are they pretty thick plastic?
They are very thin but rather strong. A very high quality product indeed! :upthumb:

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you guys for your nice words of sympathy. The worst part still is the embarrassment I feel for having been just plain STUPID. :brk:
Bad also is the fact that I’m left-handed and just to write here a message takes me a long time. :(

As for the rolbag it is a Ledrie ROL2-1004

I found it here in a sale (end of stock) for €25.00 (US$33.00) and I just glued this Triumph metal badge I found at eBay.
Although it is rather small it is big enough to contain a toolkit and a first-aid kit. :upthumb:

[ This message was edited by: JMV2006 on 2006-12-01 01:43 ]

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On 2006-12-01 10:43, Panthermark wrote:
I was going to mount two fork bags like that a few months ago...but never did. I thought that the bags my rub against the tires. Do you have the problem?
No problem. It stays close to the mudguard well clear of the tire. The supplied stripes attach well to the seat frame. No mods necessary

Sorry about your hand.....
Thank you Panther :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts