Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

3661 - 3680 of 3685 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I was visiting friends in Pittsburgh on my way west to start college in Santa Cruz- the "hippie" enclave was called Shadyside- before we heard this sad news, we went into a head shop and they were listening to "Axis"- the song "If Six Was Nine", and when Jimi spoke the words :

I've got my own life to live
I'm the one that's going to have to die
When it's time for me to die
So let me live my life the way I want to

my girlfriend literally passed out.. We had seen Hendrix at Fillmore East- December 69 , Woodstock- August '69, and Hunter College- March of '68- in NYC together. Still feel that so much was lost when he passed, an amazing talent, this likes of which won't pass this way again...he was only at the beginning...check this clip- Jimi live on Dick Cavett's show a month before Woodstock, playing through an Ampeg B-18 bass amp:

and being interviewed:

I think he was putting the circus atmosphere of The Experience behind him and was eager to embrace his journey...sorely missed, indeed!

·
Registered
10,623 Posts
<iframe width="676" height="380" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reactions: denoose

·
Premium Member
7,316 Posts
I rode up to Boulder this morning to have lunch with a buddy from the old days. Whenever I go to Boulder nostalgia sets in as I spent a significant amount of time in Boulder in the early 70's. There were a number of musicians living in the Boulder area during those times because of the Caribou Ranch recording studio. I was thinking of Joe Walsh and the sad, tragic event, of his daughter Emma being killed in a car crash. Joe built a Water Fountain in her memory in North Boulder Park so I swung by and visited the memorial water fountain and took a couple of pictures. Emma’s fountain lives long after rock ‘n’ roll tragedy

Song For Emma written in her memory.

Stevie Nicks wrote this song for Joe Walsh.... Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You? by Stevie Nicks - Songfacts

The Colorado Anthem!!!

Bob

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've had this LP since college days , it's great for trips ....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj7A8SX7ccI&list=PLCFC37B95C9159ACC This was Jean Michele 's first LP , they are all amazing . His father Maurice Jarre' is also a famous composer .

3661 - 3680 of 3685 Posts